1,000 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I had to send the first set back because the set screw on the bottom was burred and stuck. Also the top button-head bolts are crap and will strip the hex head with minimal over pressure. That said, they look really nice, have held up well and the fork guards are a whole hell of a lot better than stock.

You know..? its hard to believe, but I've never taken a pic directly of my Kuryakyn lower fork covers.....I'm loosing it LOL
Here's something close

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
So the quality seems good? That's what I linked in my post but it's also tube covers.
I've thought about adding the tube covers also but since they attach with double sided tape I opted not to.

·
Super Moderator
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've thought about adding the tube covers also but since they attach with double sided tape I opted not to.

Seems pretty cheesy but people with them seem happy

·
Super Moderator
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it's the fork tubes that use tape.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
what about the old style fork gaiters that were popular back in the 50's and 60's theyre timeless and do the job admirably.
Sure to fit properly requires dissasembly, but Im sure that with a slit at the back and rejoin with rubber glue that theyd fit nice

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yup

I needed to read the complete post. They do finish the upper forks off, but how long will the tape hold with the sun beating down on them. With my lowers they will not fit.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
The two sided tape used today is nothing like the old days. Once applied; it sticks forever unless someone goes out of their way for some reason to remove it.
Exactly my point about having to change fork fluid. When it comes time to take them off, it will be a bear! Every last bit of the adhesive will have to come off (and it won't want to).

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Exactly my point about having to change fork fluid. When it comes time to take them off, it will be a bear! Every last bit of the adhesive will have to come off (and it won't want to).
That was my thinking, exactly. Plus the XC forks are beefy and look good as they are.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Take a look at these: https://xtr-off-road-products.myshopify.com/collections/victory/products/victory-wind-deflectors-with-built-in-fork-seal-guards?variant=21678770883

They integrate the fork protectors & wind deflectors into one unit. I emailed the company about getting them in gloss black, and he said "No problem, same price." Answered my email right away, and seemed like a real nice guy.

View attachment 195313
That's the same picture as the center one in the link you posted just a cropped version talk about shameless promotion I bet he seemed like a nice guy it was you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's the same picture as the center one in the link you posted just a cropped version talk about shameless promotion I bet he seemed like a nice guy it was you.

That's a cute thought, but your accusations are a little silly. I copied a picture from their website, for you all to look at, which I do often, but I have no interest in the company, beyond passing along another option for you folks. And I have no shame about passing along good deals, which I've done since I joined this site years ago. I don't have them on my bike, because after I inquired with them I installed a fairing on my CR, and I haven't had anywhere as much turbulence since. If I end up getting a set, you'll see a picture of them on my bike in gloss black.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Those XTR Lowers are an evolved version of the Goody Lowers. I had a couple of issues with this type buffeting control 1. they blocked a huge amount of air flow and the heat was ridiculous. 2. at highway speeds they sailed the front end, making the bike squirmy feeling 3. they forced turbulent air up my pants leg, even my jeans would ball up under my knees. and....as far as this thread is concerned, they don't cover the lower forks...
I had to dig into the WAY back to find a pic with them installed on my bike :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts