Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New bike, new member. After reading many posts concerning the need for wind deflection around the upper forks of a xc, is there any real concensus about which brand/type deflectors seem to work the best? I just ordered a Klockwerks "flare" w/s for openers.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome xhog, look at these fork mounted lowers http://windbreakerwings.com
They are made by a fellow member. They look pretty good, and at a great price.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
New bike, new member. After reading many posts concerning the need for wind deflection around the upper forks of a xc, is there any real concensus about which brand/type deflectors seem to work the best? I just ordered a Klockwerks "flare" w/s for openers.
I can't help ya on your deflector question due to me on a TC but I was curious what size screen you ordered and would you mind posting what you though about the wind stream. I'm about to push the button on one too I think and was going for the 8.5" clear smoke. I'm 5'8". Looking forward to hearing how it works for ya.

Safe ridin
Tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tonyz- thanks for the info. They look pretty good in the photos. Considering the price I just might give them a try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tims 04V92TC - on the Klockwerks w/s they only come in 13" for the xc so I don't think my results will give you a fair comparison to what you have in mind. I'm only about 5'10" so I'm hoping for the best. It was between the "flair" and a Cee Bailey and was really a jump ball between the 2.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Tims 04V92TC - on the Klockwerks w/s they only come in 13" for the xc so I don't think my results will give you a fair comparison to what you have in mind. I'm only about 5'10" so I'm hoping for the best. It was between the "flair" and a Cee Bailey and was really a jump ball between the 2.
Thanks Bro, I was kinda hung up on the claim you can use a shield two inches shorter and wasn't sure if the 8.5 would give me what I have now at 12. Think i will just ave to do it lol appreciate the reply. Good luck with the new wheels. Great machine and good forum here too!

Tim

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the Windbreakerwings. Got them on Ebay. Decent quality, they work great and cheap price.

I use them and the Vic closeouts on my XC. Great results. No buffeting and I was out riding out tonight in 35 degrees. Great combo and not much coin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Windbreakerwings. Got them on Ebay. Decent quality, they work great and cheap price.

I use them and the Vic closeouts on my XC. Great results. No buffeting and I was out riding out tonight in 35 degrees. Great combo and not much coin.
Sounds good! Thanks for the input but keep the 35 degrees up there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts