Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I correct that all of the X bikes, and Kingpin use the same fork as the Hammer?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Am I correct that all of the X bikes, and Kingpin use the same fork as the Hammer?
Hammer'n'pin yes (but be mindful of model years); X-bikes share their own, different fork.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I think they are all the same style , but , tube diameters vary ....

·
Registered
158 Posts
is someone thinking about buying the right side fork leg from a XC and making a 2 disk front brake 8ball?

thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

·
12,970 Posts
XC left p/n 1823818-1261 $1028.99

more then likely you would have to get a shorter inner tube witch would not be hard to do. Then you would need a wheel so thats $1500 and a wheel spacer break line and new master cylinder and a break caliper. Shopping ebay would be the cheaper way to go. There is a shop on ebay that sells parts off crashed bikes and they would be great if you can find them.
So you might spend $3500 to get the dual disc look you want. Is it really worth it

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah, you guys are way off base.
I was actually just looking at options for driving light mounts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
8Ball , you had me fooled too , I was waiting for you to tell us you had dual discs up front ... Diving lights ! LOL :ltr:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My name ain't Lucy, and I got no splainin to docheers

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
8Ball , you had me fooled too , I was waiting for you to tell us you had dual discs up front ... Diving lights ! LOL :ltr:
Nope not diving....
Ever had a truck turn left in front of you and put you in the hospital???
I HAD the blue HID from CR too.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why would I want to add more weight to my sweet machine??cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I really hate it when I spell words incorrectly ....:mad::mad::mad: Hey 8Ball , lets go diving later !:ltr:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For Lobstahs???thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Hell ya , I grew up in Glousta !:D

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
hammer dual disc's in the process!

my 13 hammer will have dual disc's soon, just received my matching rotors, a complete international hammer right fork with dual disc mount on order, new black braided lines, right rotor and dual disc master coming, a few bolts as well. can't wait to get at it with only the big game left i will enjoy my time upgrading. with less than $300 difference in cost is why i bought a complete assembly, i would prolly need someone to install lower tube + possible seals etc. as is i will have a complete right fork to sell, as well as a like new OE rotor as i went aftermarket disc's with sintered pads.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Are you gooing to do it or a shop? If you, then please post pics. Man I wanna see how indepth it is. I think alot of us are thinking about this upgrade but really dont wanna be the first to do it.

Oh and hell yea, we should all get together and go diving. :ltr:thumb up

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
pic's will come

i am comfortable with most bolt ons and thats all it is except the brake fluid. i use a mityvavc that works well for the brake fluid. i changed forks + trees on my traded sportster as well. i have a service manual + great forums like this one help if needed. detailed pic's from parts sellers can work as well. i take my time, retired with lots of it. with the weather in PA i will not be riding for a while. going for half a ton of coal today, cheap heat = money for important stuff like bike upgrades!! patiently-kind of- waiting on parts, got rotors + pads fork leg scheduled for this week, black spiegler brake lines being made thru conquest and caliper + master from them as well at a very good price, prolly new take-offs from a custom they did, that works for me.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
my 13 hammer will have dual disc's soon, just received my matching rotors, a complete international hammer right fork with dual disc mount on order, new black braided lines, right rotor and dual disc master coming, a few bolts as well. can't wait to get at it with only the big game left i will enjoy my time upgrading. with less than $300 difference in cost is why i bought a complete assembly, i would prolly need someone to install lower tube + possible seals etc. as is i will have a complete right fork to sell, as well as a like new OE rotor as i went aftermarket disc's with sintered pads.
PM sent....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts