Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I have my front end apart to swap out my rims I thought I would change the fork oil. Can I just remove the forks and the fork caps and invert the fork to drian the old oil out? I dont want to remove fork seal I just want to do something quick and simple. Will draining and replacing the oil do anything?

2000 V92SC with an 2002 freedom motor

Thanks for your help

Bill

·
Registered
545 Posts
While I have my front end apart to swap out my rims I thought I would change the fork oil. Can I just remove the forks and the fork caps and invert the fork to drian the old oil out? I dont want to remove fork seal I just want to do something quick and simple. Will draining and replacing the oil do anything?

2000 V92SC with an 2002 freedom motor

Thanks for your help

Bill
Yes, since Polaris/Victory didn't see the need to put in a drain plug down by the bottom of the forks, one has to remove the fork to drain them... it is not necessary to remove the seal... the seal is more to keep contaminates out, than to keep the oil in. Remember to measure how much drains out and add back the same amount. Fork oil breaks down over time and does need to be changed out at regular intervals to maintain the forks functionality. You can also adjust the rigidity of the front end simply by what weight oil you add back in...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts