Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part of my triple tree install requires me to install limiters, so the forks have to be opened up.

I am thinking that I will switch to 15W oil at the same time as well.

I'm a little fuzzy about how to properly fill the forks, and what the proper level is for a 2014.

Can someone chime in please?

Also, the bike only has like 250 miles on it.

·
13,047 Posts
call the guys that you got the trees from and ask them. They would know more then what we would. Ask about what weight oil would work best and tell them how much your weight is that will help them

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good advice, I assumed the forks would just need to be filled to a standard level...and everything else would be accounted for by the weight of that oil.

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
You're going from 7w to 15w you like a "firm" ride don't you?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had planned to go with 15w after talking to others that used the same trees.

I actually just got off of the phone with VicBaggers and Eric wasn't there, but they tried to help as best as they could.

They recommended 20w...I'm about 225, and ride with a passenger at times. I think 15w might still be a happy medium.

They also just said to put in what I take out as far as oil goes.

I bought the syringe tool, so if someone knows what is factory on a '14 please chime in.

Also, I have seen videos of people filling the forks with the springs in...and read somewhere (on here I believe) that you should fill it prior to reinstalling them??? Which way is correct?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Personally I skip the limiters with a 23. Move to 15w, and fill it to a highr 15mm higher then stock. Higher level reduces compressible air chamber, and that firms it up. The heavier oil increases the dampening

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Fork limiters and heavy oil.
Its gonna ride like **** anyway,
Just avoid bumps.
Oh and get another Vic to actually ride.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Fork limiters and heavy oil.
Its gonna ride like **** anyway,
Just avoid bumps.
Oh and get another Vic to actually ride.
When you change the attack angle of the front wheel by raking it. You effectively soften the ride, and it has to be firmed up a bit. I don't like the limiters though personally

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you guys mentioning to skip the limiters actually installed the VicBaggers kit? I won't lose any sleep over not having to build a spring compressor and fuss with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts