Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body have a set of oe lower fork protectors for a XC or a recommendation of other type. or mod.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
You will have to do a search but at one time you could buy the solid metal ones that went on the non-Cross bikes like the Kingpin. There were also some aftermarket vendors who sold them. Witchdoctors also still sell the plastic ones.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Definitely the metal ones. I was able to keep my OE ones for 3 years until a towel snagged one, then I sprung for the Kingpin metal ones. They'll outlast the bike.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
who has the metal ones and do you have a clickable link.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Not for nothing ....but those look like someone stuck tongue-depressors to their forks :| One of the ugliest pieces of hardware I've seen for Vics in a long time ...
Pickings are VERY slim for the O.G. kewlmetal guards that I bought 4 years ago. Damm shame.

OP asked for a link, I obliged. "shrug"

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Pickings are VERY slim for the O.G. kewlmetal guards that I bought 4 years ago. Damm shame.

OP asked for a link, I obliged. "shrug"
Oh sorry, my statements didn't have do with your tastes or style...I was thinking more along the lines of what you just brought up....That those ugly things are what's out there for Vics now...sad :frown

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Oh sorry, my statements didn't have do with your tastes or style...I was thinking more along the lines of what you just brought up....That those ugly things are what's out there for Vics now...sad :frown
No harm, no foul good sir.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The lower fork covers have been long gone.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Over a year ago Kuryakyn had a 50% off sale which lead many (me included) to believe they were bowing out of the Victory items. I'd guess they are and are just letting inventory expire without being replenished. That may be why the actual manufacturer in China has been offering the same items directly to the market.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Over a year ago Kuryakyn had a 50% off sale which lead many (me included) to believe they were bowing out of the Victory items. I'd guess they are and are just letting inventory expire without being replenished. That may be why the actual manufacturer in China has been offering the same items directly to the market.
Discontinued lot of items yes. Not just Victory they do that for all brands. Purging the slow selling items. Has to be enough demand for the knock off market to pick it up.

Someone did find the lower fork covers on Facebook group while back. Old stock still sitting at dealers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Psychodiablo, rubber fork gaiters from a 41mm Wide Glide go on OK, and give the seals great protection against dirt. They do look a bit different down at the bottom of the forks. I do a lot of dirt road riding, and have not blown a fork seal since putting them on my HardBall. I'll post a close up pic soon.
Cheers, Steve.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Hey Psychodiablo, rubber fork gaiters from a 41mm Wide Glide go on OK, and give the seals great protection against dirt. They do look a bit different down at the bottom of the forks. I do a lot of dirt road riding, and have not blown a fork seal since putting them on my HardBall. I'll post a close up pic soon.
Cheers, Steve.
hey @ObiSteve, with all the dirt road riding you do, is there any problem with getting stones in your drive belt.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was actually thinking of doing that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi fellas, here is the close up.

Motorbikerx, I have one small pebble, about 3mm, embedded in the belt. I reckon I would do more damage digging it out, than leaving it. It is centred in the belt, and embedded fully, level with the rubber surface. Been there 40000 kms, belt is original, done 106000 kms. There are no dimples in the pulleys in line with it, but the pulleys have a lot of pitting in their hard anodising, presumably from dust and mud and I would be happier replacing the pulleys if I replace the belt.
I do keep an eye on it.
I have a spare belt, a warranty takeoff with 2000 kms on it, from the very early days of the Brisbane Vic shop. The XC's owner said it was noisy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Hi fellas, here is the close up.

Motorbikerx, I have one small pebble, about 3mm, embedded in the belt. I reckon I would do more damage digging it out, than leaving it. It is centred in the belt, and embedded fully, level with the rubber surface. Been there 40000 kms, belt is original, done 106000 kms. There are no dimples in the pulleys in line with it, but the pulleys have a lot of pitting in their hard anodising, presumably from dust and mud and I would be happier replacing the pulleys if I replace the belt.
I do keep an eye on it.
I have a spare belt, a warranty takeoff with 2000 kms on it, from the very early days of the Brisbane Vic shop. The XC's owner said it was noisy.
I had one about 6mm but standing proud embedded and with help put a socket underneath and drove it out with a punch then did another 60,000 kms with a central hole, no problems, I only replaced it at 100,000 kms cos I went big bore and cams and got a new belt at the right price off our mate whos no longer here getting us cheap new parts Paulie @ Hondaeasttoledo
I now shy away from dirt and gravel roads and really hate and go real slow over that sticky chip seal they redo the roads with here.
Maybe Im just too careful then, cos I know how much fun Vics are on dirt with thier inherent stability and balance, they woulda made great flat-trackers I reckon

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah, these belts are amazingly durable. My only belt knowledge came from mates with first generation Harley belts, which broke a lot up here. At the time I chuckled a lot, because the Sporty runs a chain.
Fortunately they don't use those Jet Patchers up here now, blowing tar covered sharp rock fragments into potholes for an unconsolidated poor temporary fix. They killed a lot of Harley belts, particularly where a turkey had removed the "ugly" lower belt guard.
A full length lower belt guard should reduce problems too, like Rollin' put on his Vision for his Alaska trips. Now he's a dirt road rider!
I'm got some vague ideas about Birdsville, maybe Cape York.
Big bore and cams, enjoy those power slide in the dirt! Take it to the Dust Hustle!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts