Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw this on another forum and thought I'd share it here too. It looks like it would work so I bought a couple just in case. Could probably make one out of beer can but for what they are charging; what the heck.

http://sealmate.net/

·
Registered
49 Posts
Slick little tool! Replacing fork seals is a suckie job. Worse than a root canal.

·
Registered
229 Posts
back in my motocross days, we'd use old film negative, just have to pop the dust seal down first(usually needed a little cleaning out anyway) i've had good luck with it on those bikes, but they got alittle dirtier than my current rides.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
A business card folded in half or tear a piece off of a pack of smokes has always worked for me. Once a year I pop rhe dust seal down and give it all a good cleaning.

Sent from Hell....

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I wouldn't use something made of paper to do this trick and tip; I wouldn't buy the item I posted at the beginning of this thread. I got them in the mail yesterday and they are just thin pieces of plastic that probably cost them a nickle to make.

A beer or soda can or maybe some old x-ray film or something about the same thickness made of something other than paper would definitely work just fine IMHO.

It is a cool trick. I didn't mind being the guinea pig for this one even though I'm out the $10 I spent on 2 of 'em. All for the greater good, eh.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Hold on there, BBob...a nickle to make that seal cleaner? If you can produce those for 5 cents, go for it and beat them at their own game. You're coming off like our president now. Next you'll tell us they didn't make those. =)
I like those guys entrepreneurial spirit. Sure, you can do the same thing with the above named materials, but theirs is a neat package and if you buy 5 @ $15, that's $3 apiece and they'll make great stocking stuffers or freebies for the riders you know.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like their spirit as well but I know what those little things are worth. Yes. They took the idea and made a butt load of 'em with the idea of making a profit. I'm all for the capitalistic spirit but seriously; they should sell them for no more than a couple of bucks and I'm being generous. Max should really be a buck. Even better, knowing what they cost to make, they should put them in every package they sell of other products as a freebie towards good will. JMHO.

At the price they are asking for them; they are just being greedy.

I make and sell stuff too but I don't try to retire on every sale fer cryin' out loud. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts