Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2016 victory cross country 8ball and it’s spring time and my fork seals are really leaking, unfortunately I can not find any to purchase. And so I would like some help... thanks

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Are these fork seals difficult to change? I got mine done at the local Vic dealer last year and it cost me $500 CDN. My extended warranty would not cover it. Last time I get hooked into buying extended warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are these fork seals difficult to change? I got mine done at the local Vic dealer last year and it cost me $500 CDN. My extended warranty would not cover it. Last time I get hooked into buying extended warranty.

I found it’s not terrible is you have the correct driver to places the seals correctly

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I found it’s not terrible is you have the correct driver to places the seals correctly
I’m guessing the only place to get that is at the Vic/Indian dealer?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m guessing the only place to get that is at the Vic/Indian dealer?

No go to witch doctor... they have all that you need for your sled. And then some! Little high I think on some stuff but really it’s the only option I have

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Look around for homemade seal drivers. On some bikes, you can use pieces of PVC pipe that have been cut to length and then cut in half to form two half hollow cylinders.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts

Ignore the fact that he's working on a sport bike, and pay attention to the fact that he's replacing fork seals on inverted forks :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look around for homemade seal drivers. On some bikes, you can use pieces of PVC pipe that have been cut to length and then cut in half to form two half hollow cylinders.
I used a muffler pipe reducer pcs. Worked fine, Witchdoctor always has the Victory parts needed

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Did you try using a seal cleaning tool? Not saying you need to buy one of these, a playing card from a deck of cards can be cut to shape and used in the same fashion.
Might just need to clean out some grit/dirt/gunk built up on the seal. I have read here and elsewhere of guys who thought they had a bad seal and turned out just needed to clean up the seals a little. Just a thought.
A BTW, if they have been leaking heavily, you should probably still change the fluid just to be sure you have the correct amount in them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts