Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now my Kingpin forks are on the Vegas and Im midway through repair if the used damaged front fender Im thinking.
Id like some form of protection from flying stones etc for my vulnerable fork tubes.
Eg the shiny thinner lower tubes that slide up into the thicker upper part.
What is available and/or what have you guys made up?
Open to suggestions .
This version of the site on my phone wont allow me to upload pix so hopefully my description is adequate.
Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
I use to have a Yamaha Tenere`adventure class bike. The fork tubes were exposed. I had a couple of foam thingies used to put a bottle of beer in to keep it cold while enjoying the beverage. I cut the bottom and side so it would wrap around the fork tube. I secured each one with a couple zip-ties. One on the bottom of the outer fork tube to hold it in place. One on the bottom to hold it in place on the tube that moved up and down. The inner fork tube slid up and down inside the re-purposed beer holder thingie. Improvised with what I had on hand. Don't think I'd do that on a street bike.

·
Premium Member
13,195 Posts
The KP and X-Bikes have the same inverted front forks so I bought a used set of KP covers for rock protection for the XC simply because I didn't like the plastic ones that come with the X-bikes. They work; I just wanted something more robust. Witchdoctors had some fancy ones. Not sure he still carries 'em but they were metal and not plastic.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like to go BBob
So Im chasing a set of metal Kingpin fork protectors,
Witchdoctors probably too xxey I'm on a budget here.
Anyone got a set they wanna sell?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I finally got tired of paying that ridiculous price for replacing them. So I made them out Polycarbonate and attached them with 3M VHB tape.

These photos are of the first set I made from .060 material just to see if they'd work and stay put. I put about 15k on them through all sorts of weather. They stayed in place so just a couple days ago I remade them with 1/8" polycarb.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah....they worked out fine. And they're free. I'm more of a function over form guy so I didn't really care too much how it looks. But they certainly don't look out of place.

My girlfriend and I got very lucky with the flooding. We had her car, her kingpin and my XC in the garage. My car was outside, in the driveway. We ended up with a 4" water line on the garage door but it ended up stopping just an inch shy of getting in the house. All of the houses south of me on my street flooded....and all we got was wet tires.

I did have to vacuum some water out of the back seat floorboards of my car....that's it.

We couldn't have been any luckier. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah....they worked out fine. And they're free. I'm more of a function over form guy so I didn't really care too much how it looks. But they certainly don't look out of place.

My girlfriend and I got very lucky with the flooding. We had her car, her kingpin and my XC in the garage. My car was outside, in the driveway. We ended up with a 4" water line on the garage door but it ended up stopping just an inch shy of getting in the house. All of the houses south of me on my street flooded....and all we got was wet tires.

I did have to vacuum some water out of the back seat floorboards of my car....that's it.

We couldn't have been any luckier. Thanks for asking.
So glad yall made it through ok. I'm close to Dickinson, and most everything flooded around us. We were high and dry.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts