Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to lower the front end on a 2012 Vegas by loosening the bolts and sliding the forks up but they wont budge . Are they threaded holes with the fork screwed in or is there a ridge on the fork that wont let it go up ? Had a Boardwalk that I did the same thing with and it was no problem.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Perhaps slightly open the clamps with a large flat-blade screwdriver?

·
Registered
427 Posts
There is a small lip to prevent the tube going past the top.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Probably need to have the forks machined so they will slide through the clamps further.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep , I was afraid that may be the problem. Strange how the Boardwalk forks moved with no problem .

·
Premium Member
8,768 Posts
some forks have a step some dont, its just how it is.
Why someone would wanna lower the front is beyond me, but each to thier own

·
Registered
427 Posts
Install the ness lowering kitthumb up

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought about the Ness front lowering kit but Im not sure how much difference it will make on a 2012 Vegas 8ball. Bought a 1 3/4 rear lowering link set and it only lowered the bike about 1 inch. I guess they called it a 1 3/4 because that's how much that would have lowered an older Vegas , the newer ones are already over an inch lower.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thought about the Ness front lowering kit but Im not sure how much difference it will make on a 2012 Vegas 8ball. Bought a 1 3/4 rear lowering link set and it only lowered the bike about 1 inch. I guess they called it a 1 3/4 because that's how much that would have lowered an older Vegas , the newer ones are already over an inch lower.
Pretty sure the forks are the same all they did was use the lowering link. Also make sure you get the fender cover or you're going to chew up your wiring if you bottom out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts