Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

After doing some research on moving the controls forward on my Hammer 8-Ball I ran into a forum post from someone who replaced the footpeg supports with those from a Jackpot.

It is a little more expensive then some of the other methods, but the bike looks like it came that way from the factory when you are done, and I figured it might look a little funny having the supports pushed forward then immediately angle back.

Anyway, I decided to give it a shot. These are the parts I ordered:
PN 1013957 Asm Shifter Linkage
PN 1016658-266 Support, Footpeg, LH (Black)
PN 1016659-266 Support, Footpeg, RH (Black)

It bolts up perfectly, no adjustment to the brake lines were needed.
It moves the controls about 2" forward and slightly down, piece of cake to install. Total cost was about 200.00 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got a 2012 hammer. Put a drag speciaties seat on and it moved me forward enough i wanted to move my controls forward a bit. I did the same thing but with the hammer s control brackets. Just needed the longer shifter linkage. Yes its more expensive but it looks a lot better (like it came that way from the factory)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I went with jackpot parts because you can get them in cruiser black and I have the 8-Ball. Can you get the Hammer S parts in black?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I am looking at the accutronix but the cost is outrageous! I may decide to go this route.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
preinstalled

former owner had extensions installed according to note in his owners manual, at a 30" inseam they were just right for me. though it looks that the foot brake line is maxed out!!!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
easy shopping

taking time to do multiple searches can save $$$$$ the bay is your friend with low or no shipping on better prices! sometimes contacting where you want to buy can get better pricing, remember its the delivered total cost to compare!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
taking time to do multiple searches can save $$$$$ the bay is your friend with low or no shipping on better prices! sometimes contacting where you want to buy can get better pricing, remember its the delivered total cost to compare!!
I checked eBay, all the online retailers I have bought from, and found that one and another place that sells OEM Victory parts and they both were expensive shipping that is why I figured I would ask. I didn't know if there was a specific place that offers decent shipping prices

1 - 13 of 13 Posts