Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I found a 2008 KP Tour with 2100 miles. The dealer told me that the guy didn't ride it for like 2 years because of health issues. He supposedly traded it in yesterday for a trike. It is silver in color. The is an upgraded one that has a backrest for the driver. I guess the rest of it is what came with it. It also has the service manual which looks like it was never opened. The dealer is asking $10,800.

I would apreciate any input about this bike. What you guys think is a good price on this model with only 2100 miles. And anything else you can inform me about.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome Dapper, glad to see you on the forums.

Im NOT a Kingpin rider but had nothing better to do at work so did some quick comparison. Not knowing what you like as a ride, its hard to say good or bad I think. Did you ride it? Do you want a V-twin and know a little aobut Vic's engine over HD per say?
Heres a video just in case. 5 parts, 1-4 are best.
http://youtu.be/RGkFPUeNUqc

If you LIKE the bike, riding it's a pleasure then I think your in the ball park for a good purchase price wise. here are three KP tours I see on cycle trader

http://www.cycletrader.com/New-Or-Used-Victory-King-Pin-Tour-Motorcycles/search-results?make=Victory|6772333&model=KING+PIN+TOUR|764862309&schemecode=AD&sort=year:desc&type=Motorcycle|356953&&modelkeyword=1&

Ebay was all over the road so you may just want to check out Victory Motorcycle Kingpin in Ebay Motors.

From what I can tell your dealer looks in the middle. Do you think he can sweeten it a little with extras or hit him with a solid 10k? Exhaust/intake upgrae? My TC has the V92 and has plenty of horses for the road as a tour so your V100 is going to be fine if your wondering with the 106 on the street.

There are several active KP riders on the forums that will prob chime in for ya, I just wanted to throw something up for you to look at. My recommendation would be set up a time with the dealer to ride it, ensure you have your check book and someone to drive your car home. Estimated service for these engines are 100K plus but I have seen plenty of folks with more and with such great reliability. To top it off, these forums have some great folks willing to help you get acclimated to your bike. I don't see how you can go wrong. Keep us posted and good luck!:D

Tim

·
13,188 Posts
Make the dealer a reasonable off like a thousand less then what he want ask about warranty. If there is none spend the 300 buck to get it.
Check tires over they will be a big expense for a used bike when you just paid 10 thousand. Get new tires out of dealer if there cupped or weather checked. pull dip stick and see if its new oil. Take it out for a good half hour ride and if there is something wrong get him to fix it.
Here is two I found on craigslist to give you price idea

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/mcy/3105121936.html

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/mcd/3100867090.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
I recently bought my 2009 with stage 1 pipes and passenger backrest for $8800. It had 2400 miles on it. I think the dealer can come down on the price.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought from a private party because dealers overcharge.

I paid only $6,800 for a 2007 Kingpin Tour with 20,000 miles on it but in great shape. Miles don't mean much on a Victory, these engines run like car engines...almost forever! My uncle has a 2001 Victory V92C with 106,000 miles on it, never had the engine opened up, original clutch! So I saved $3,000 because I realized that mileage shouldn't scare a Vic shopper, only a Harley shopper. :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I should find out Tuesday if I get the KP. It is a 2008 with 2100 mile, tour package. Not sure what you call this seat but it has a drivers backrest. I know when I sit on it that backrest makes a huge difference. Best bik. I have sat on and I have sat on a lot in the past month. It also has the service manual and some other manuals. I am so pumped about this I probably won't be able to sleep until then.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I have an 08 KP that came with alot of extras and i got mine for 9000. the best bike i have ever owned. you wont regret it..mine puts a smile on my face everytime i crack the throttle..thumb up

·
Registered
81 Posts
Kingpin

Less than 3000 miles is like a new bike! At the risk of sounding cliche, I've never met anyone who's bought a Victory who has regretted it. Sad for that fella to lose the ability to ride due to health but to some fall the spoils.

·
Registered
81 Posts
New to Victory

p.s... Kingpins are fun to add things to. Easy to do brake jobs on, look good when they're clean, Sound really good when you crack the throttle, run forever, & American made.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well I should find out Tuesday if I get the KP. It is a 2008 with 2100 mile, tour package. Not sure what you call this seat but it has a drivers backrest. I know when I sit on it that backrest makes a huge difference. Best bik. I have sat on and I have sat on a lot in the past month. It also has the service manual and some other manuals. I am so pumped about this I probably won't be able to sleep until then.
11 more hours till the shop opens.. Just thought I would throw that out there... :ltr: Keep us posted! Looking forward to seeing a pic of your new ride!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I am financing. The problem is that we just paid off our truck, and 3 other loans, plus we are fixing to pay off a couple of small credit cards. Of course none of that is a problem other than I doubt they have reached the credit bureau to get updated. I also put $500 down and will give them another $500 but with 1.75% financing I would rather keep more money in the bank. If not this way I am thinking my bank where we had the truck financed through will not be a problem.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Good luck. If they screw with you on financing I have a couple of bankers that I work with that are great and fast.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update

Okie Dokie.....I have check in hand. I will be taking check to dealer tomorrow. Now my problem is my motorcycle endorsement on my liense. I have to have my birth certificate, passport, or DD 214. I can't find any of them. I have someone sending my birth certificate and should be here Thursday. Probably Friday when I get to pick it up. It is the supersteel gray version. After I get it I will take pics and start a new thread. I got all the manuals today. It also came with the Victory 2008 Service Manual for Kingpin and Vegas. Anyway pics coming soon.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Glad it all worked out Dapper, Im sure your gonna love that ride!!!

Be safe and congrats

Tim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts