1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just sent you an email. wac

·
Registered
56 Posts
Darn it anyway, we'll be in Anahiem next week but won't have the bike. To cold for that far of a ride and the car is to small to pull the motorcycle trailer. Oh well story of my life. :crzy:

·
Registered
265 Posts
The Cross Country, Cross Roads and Hard Ball all use the same frame. Will any of them do? Is there something particular about the ABS models that makes a difference in the exhaust verses the non-ABS models?

BTW, truly appreciate your exhausts. Had one on my old Kingpin and it was outstanding. I hope the one you develop for the our bikes keeps a muffler on each side.

Ride safe.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
bassaniman

With the Bassani 2 into 1; will a tuner be necessary or just the stage 1 upgrade from Victory?
A stage 1 flash would do it but a VFCIII or PC-V would be better.

Oddly enough the 2-1 pipes don't make much more hp or tq on Vic's like they do on HD's so most people don't mess with them unless they do a big bore, the right cams to match, and have access to one of the few really good dyno guys who can make the Vic run the way it should. They are more for guys like half-crazy who are chasing that last little bit of hp and tq they can get.

I personally would not run 2-1's on any of the Vic touring or bagger bikes. On one of the steel frame bikes; yes.

·
Registered
827 Posts
A stage 1 flash would do it but a VFCIII or PC-V would be better.

Oddly enough the 2-1 pipes don't make much more hp or tq on Vic's like they do on HD's so most people don't mess with them unless they do a big bore, the right cams to match, and have access to one of the few really good dyno guys who can make the Vic run the way it should. They are more for guys like half-crazy who are chasing that last little bit of hp and tq they can get.

I personally would not run 2-1's on any of the Vic touring or bagger bikes. On one of the steel frame bikes; yes.
I've heard that Victory stock pipes aren't too bad and mostly the bike is just starving for air. Do you think that is true?

By the way Bob; What your thought backed up by?
Did you work at a shop or something like that? KEN

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
I've heard that Victory stock pipes aren't too bad and mostly the bike is just starving for air. Do you think that is true?

By the way Bob; What your thought backed up by?
Did you work at a shop or something like that? KEN
I listen closely to guys like KevinX and Rylan Vos. A few others too.

Also, when I bought a Jackpot I had the factory 2-1 pipes put on it thinking it would make a big difference like it would have on a Night Train I had but came to find out it only made a couple hp/tq so it really wasn't worth giving up the cooler sound of a 2-2 for such a small gain.

So I learned by making the mistake and then listening to others.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I listen closely to guys like KevinX and Rylan Vos. A few others too.

Also, when I bought a Jackpot I had the factory 2-1 pipes put on it thinking it would make a big difference like it would have on a Night Train I had but came to find out it only made a couple hp/tq so it really wasn't worth giving up the cooler sound of a 2-2 for such a small gain.

So I learned by making the mistake and then listening to others.
I hate making the costly mistakes. I'm not afraid to ask multiply questions before buying. Research has helped in saving the costly mistake many times.
At my brother's shop; anyone could ask him anything about Harley and he could give that person multiple ways to do the hop up job. He specializes in reliable big build HD's. I think he's only done 5 or 10 Vic's.
I have noticed with the Vic's you don't get as much bang for your buck ($ per HP).

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Bump we still need a '12+ Cross Country with REAR Crash Bars (not front).
Why not an '11? Why not Cross Roads? I'm not a candidate, but you guys might be narrowing it too much for no apparent reason. All 2011 and up, Cross Roads and Cross Country have the same rear, including the factory crash bars. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, you are correct. We'd like a newer one if possible for our marketing photos. But yes an '11 would suffice for fitment.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm not sure if it matters but there are three different types of rear bars: Vic for soft bags, Vic for hard bags and AZ Vic for hard bags (AKA, police bike bars.)

Ride safe.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I'm not sure if it matters but there are three different types of rear bars: Vic for soft bags, Vic for hard bags and AZ Vic for hard bags (AKA, police bike bars.)

Ride safe.
Now you've really complicated the situation here. :ltr:

You're right, there are three styles, however, the original post did say "stock" so that eliminates the AZ Vic bars. Also since they've requested an XC, that almost eliminates the soft bags as hardly anybody gets an XC with soft bags, and if they do, they most likely don't have the bars for them - in other words, an XC with soft bags and crash bars is one rare animal. cheers

·
Registered
810 Posts
Now you've really complicated the situation here. :ltr:

You're right, there are three styles, however, the original post did say "stock" so that eliminates the AZ Vic bars. Also since they've requested an XC, that almost eliminates the soft bags as hardly anybody gets an XC with soft bags, and if they do, they most likely don't have the bars for them - in other words, an XC with soft bags and crash bars is one rare animal. cheers
Yep. the AZ bars are a no go... that puts me out...

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Yep. the AZ bars are a no go... that puts me out...
Unless they have the same mount as stock. You would think they'd want these pipes to work with both bars, and not limit their market, since a lot of folks are going with teh AZ bars. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts