Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Mine has 46,000 on it. Pretty good runner for sure but I bet the guys with the 100" and 106" also think they're pretty spiffy.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I just don't understand why anyone would think they'd need more than 1507cc stock engine... well except for a big sucker air cleaner.
lol cause they didn't put that 92 motor in a Hammer? :grin

·
Registered
436 Posts
I just don't understand why anyone would think they'd need more than 1507cc stock engine... well except for a big sucker air cleaner.
I definitely don't want anything bigger than a 106ci......until Vic makes a bigger one :laugh

I even looked at the Triumph Rocket! Did not like the way it handled

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I definitely don't want anything bigger than a 106ci......until Vic makes a bigger one :laugh

I even looked at the Triumph Rocket! Did not like the way it handled
I just don't understand why they haven't made the 92 modular allowing us to use it in our zero turn radius mowers, our trucks/cars, our vacuum cleaners, grocery baskets, atvs, suvs, rvs, back hoes, cranes, bush hogs, combines, scooters, and etc.

You know, talk about bike handling, the 92 is perfectly balanced and would work well even on a triumph rocket frame or crotchety rocket.

I really like it! :laugh

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I just don't understand why they haven't made the 92 modular allowing us to use it in our zero turn radius mowers, our trucks/cars, our vacuum cleaners, grocery baskets, atvs, suvs, rvs, back hoes, cranes, bush hogs, combines, scooters, and etc.

You know, talk about bike handling, the 92 is perfectly balanced and would work well even on a triumph rocket frame or crotchety rocket.

I really like it! :laugh
Because the clutch cables keep breaking.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Well, they are the oldest of the Freedom motors, so they have had more time to prove themselves than the bigger versions. It's worth noting the 100" and the 106" have roughly the same power. The 100" have a higher compression ratio. The 106" added cubic inches and went with a lower ratio.

I do think the engine holding 6 quarts and having 5 speeds helps to make it more bullet proof. I really consider them to be keepers. I understand lots of people can only have one bike where finances or space is a concern as well as possibly a wife who asks why they have to have two bikes every day. For a while there I had two 04 KP's, a 1200 Sporty (01), and my XC all at the same time. Selling the Sporty allowed me to buy the heavy duty stitching machine I use all the time and the extra KP went toward parts for the XC and bills. It was nice to be able to park the car in the garage again.

My 04 KP only has the stage 1 upgrade with the K&N air filter, the Vic performance slip on muffs, and I think it had the tune installed. I have never felt the need to upgrade it for more power like I did with the XC. Unlike Vindex, I put most the miles around town on the KP, and save the XC for the longer hauls and if I want to take a babe for a ride.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honda has a VFR1200 with dct tranny. No clutch!

I'm thinking one day when I'm older, maybe there will be another cruiser like the Ridley with optional auto transmission.

I would like the option to either go manual or no shift... especially when I'm eating a burger or texting. :eek:grin

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I would like the option to either go manual or no shift... especially when I'm eating a burger or texting. :eek:grin
Or maybe taking pot shots at some mean 'ole telephone pole. Gun control is using two hands right!

Hey! You opened the door Dill! :D :D :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just got a 11 xc with the 106 this year and have always felt my 04 KP with the 92 ci runs stronger. LLoyd himself says the 92 is a great motor. I got to get back to one bike and as of now am leaning of staying with the Kingpin. Though the 6 speed tranny is nice to have, I prefer the older tranny which shifts much smoother both up and down even though it may be a bit noisier in neutral.

·
Premium Member
8,966 Posts
Hardly ever use 6th gear and my 100 cube thats breathing has comparable Torque to a 106 but not the HP
Will be good to get mine back as I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts