Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has installed the quiet baffels on their Freedom Performance true duals and how much it quieted it down. Or, better yet, maybe you have a set that you decided you don't like? Considering picking up a set for my pipes.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have them and yes they are loud when you are heavy on the throttle, but at idle they are not obnoxious. I have never considered baffles though. There are a few vids out there on the net my buddy took while we were riding the 3 sisters in the Texas hill country, where me and my bike were not in camera view but my bike could be heard clearly!

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I have them and yes they are loud when you are heavy on the throttle, but at idle they are not obnoxious. I have never considered baffles though. There are a few vids out there on the net my buddy took while we were riding the 3 sisters in the Texas hill country, where me and my bike were not in camera view but my bike could be heard clearly!
Got a link to the videos?

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
They are on facebook...
Ah. I'm one of a few that doesn't have Facebook. My wife does though, have to do some digging later. Thanks...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As is the Freedom Performance TD is a decent pipe. Install the baffles, and it jusy guts the performance. Had a customer loose 15HP, and 13Tq with the quiet baffles
Oof. That's a hefty drop.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
As is the Freedom Performance TD is a decent pipe. Install the baffles, and it jusy guts the performance. Had a customer loose 15HP, and 13Tq with the quiet baffles

@kevinx..when we talked on the phone last week about sizing my conrod bearings , and lack of availability of mains bearings.
I mentioned I was going 109 with the .495 cams, plus my previous mods(Torquetubes, 4 deg advance, PCV,Dyno.)
I remember you saying my Freedom Performance Sharp Radius Slash pipes could hurt performance over 115HP
Would there be any mods I can make to my present F.P. pipes that would get them flowing better?
or are the RPW Slash the only way to go?
Maybe I should wait and see what it makes before I try to cross that bridge...

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
@kevinx..when we talked on the phone last week about sizing my conrod bearings , and lack of availability of mains bearings.
I mentioned I was going 109 with the .495 cams, plus my previous mods(Torquetubes, 4 deg advance, PCV,Dyno.)
I remember you saying my Freedom Performance Sharp Radius Slash pipes could hurt performance over 115HP
Would there be any mods I can make to my present F.P. pipes that would get them flowing better?
or are the RPW Slash the only way to go?
Maybe I should wait and see what it makes before I try to cross that bridge...
To harsh of a bend for real power. Pretty much need to go RPW, or Conquest for the big numbers

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
To harsh of a bend for real power. Pretty much need to go RPW, or Conquest for the big numbers

@kevinx, my bikes in the shop now, just waiting on customs to release my gearbox parts, then she's getting put back together.
I went to pix of my Freedom Performance Slashes and compared the bends to RPW and they both have the sharp S behind the rear cylinder that they must have to clear everything, from there back the RPWs are slightly straighter in comparison, but there's not much in it visually.
Currently at 86/108 so I'm gonna need a 30 horse jump to get to a point where my pipes are a negative.
109 and 495 cams will possibly put me up in that region....
At the moment only time will tell.
Still sweating on customs releasing my gearbox bits.

I could go for a ride but really the Spyder don't compare in smiles per gallon,
I need my Victory fix, been hangin out too long!!!
Need some Thunder and Lightnin' in my veins!
Hanging our for my Vegas is causing me pains.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
@kevinx, my bikes in the shop now, just waiting on customs to release my gearbox parts, then she's getting put back together.
I went to pix of my Freedom Performance Slashes and compared the bends to RPW and they both have the sharp S behind the rear cylinder that they must have to clear everything, from there back the RPWs are slightly straighter in comparison, but there's not much in it visually.
Currently at 86/108 so I'm gonna need a 30 horse jump to get to a point where my pipes are a negative.
109 and 495 cams will possibly put me up in that region....
At the moment only time will tell.
Still sweating on customs releasing my gearbox bits.

I could go for a ride but really the Spyder don't compare in smiles per gallon,
I need my Victory fix, been hangin out too long!!!
Need some Thunder and Lightnin' in my veins!
Hanging our for my Vegas is causing me pains.....
What about this MbX? RPWUSA ? Highball ? Big Slash
2 into 1 is good for power and it looks bad ass (I think so, but I've been wrong before)

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
What about this MbX? RPWUSA ? Highball ? Big Slash
2 into 1 is good for power and it looks bad ass (I think so, but I've been wrong before)
Personally I prefer the look and sound of two separate pipes.
Admittedly 2-1 do have a scavenge effect at certain revs but in the broad picture I still go the duals.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Personally I prefer the look and sound of two separate pipes.
Admittedly 2-1 do have a scavenge effect at certain revs but in the broad picture I still go the duals.
I like the look of two pipes as well, honestly. You'll have to pardon my ignorance. I assumed, based on others experiences and what I've read on here, that a 2 into 1 is better for performance than separate pipes.
Happy pipe hunting :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts