Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a set of Freedom Performance exhaust. I have Hotvic powercones with 1/4 turn ring, vfc111 tuner, high flow air filter, and timing gear set at plus 5 and was wondering if anybody has this setup with the Freedom exhaust and want to know thoughts of exhaust and how they sound. Thank you

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Freedom True Duels have a great deep sound and really howl when they get the throttle. The only problem might be the noise level for you or your significant other if you do any long touring or even day riding.
I helped put a set on my buddy's Stratoliner last month

also: I'm not sure if its the same on a Vic but he lost cornering clearance on the right.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Freedom True Duels have a great deep sound and really howl when they get the throttle. The only problem might be the noise level for you or your significant other if you do any long touring or even day riding.
I helped put a set on my buddy's Stratoliner last month

also: I'm not sure if its the same on a Vic but he lost cornering clearance on the right.
That is a sharp bike!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
That is a sharp bike!
I have to agree. Very un-typically for Japanese cruisers this one got a style all its own and doesn't look like a cheap copy of a Harley. And its a beast with 123lbs of torque on tap :grin

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have the FPTD on my 14 XCT and I love them, yes at times they can be a little loud but usually just when you are getting on it! No-one on my bike with me has complained about the noise, however a few people riding behind me have. :smile i have the lloyds intake and a VFC I would like to get the PC5 but it isn't in the budget yet.

·
13,185 Posts
What's the benefit from them.
We all know vic's headers are the best. If you have good mufflers you just can't beat the vic exhaust

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
What's the benefit from them.
We all know vic's headers are the best. If you have good mufflers you just can't beat the vic exhaust
The sound and reduction in heat on the right side since they are true duals.

Don't expect more power or anything and it will need to be tuned for these; particular since they are so different.

Some folks like a particular sound from their bikes; the kind these exhaust systems provide if they are the ones I'm thinking of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts