Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new drive belt from Paulie at Honda East in Toledo, OH. I haven't changed it yet and I may not for a while. I only have 60K on my CCT. But it's nice to have a new one hanging in my office. What I want to post is that the belt looks like it was just made yesterday. It has a similar look like a tire that just came out of the mold. I don't know if these belts have a date code but folks, Paulie is your hook up for Victory parts. Great prices, great communication and great delivery.

Thank you Paulie

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
I wouldn't hang it up...lay it flat somewhere. Hanging it can cause it to take a "set."

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I've been procrastinating on getting a spare belt so thanks for reminding me!

·
Super Moderator
4,987 Posts
I wouldn't hang it up...lay it flat somewhere. Hanging it can cause it to take a "set."
My spare belt is still in the package maybe I should tale it out because it being held in an oval shape. Mine is in the garage should I store it in the
house with AZ heat?

·
Registered
302 Posts
My spare belt is still in the package maybe I should tale it out because it being held in an oval shape. Mine is in the garage should I store it in the
house with AZ heat?
This from Gates:

Belts may be stored up to six years if properly stored at temperatures less than 85°F and relative humidity less than 70%. For every 15°F increase in storage temperature above 85°F, the time the belt can be stored without reduced performance decreases by one-half.Belts should never be stored at temperatures above 115°F. At relative humidity levels above 70%, fungus or mildew may form on stored belts. This has minimal affect on belt performance, but should be avoided if possible. When equipment is stored for prolonged periods of time (over six months), the belt tension should be relaxed so that the belt does not take a set, and the storage environment should meet the 85°F and 70% or less relative humidity condition. If this is not possible, belts should be removed and stored separately in a proper environment. See pic for more info.

I've hung mine in a closet in the house on one of those thick plastic hangers so its supported by the "neck and shoulders" of the hanger.

Attachments

·
13,040 Posts
what RICZ do not sore on hook lay it flat under your bed. Never bend it.
Keep in mind if you keep the old belt as a spare when you have to put it back on make sure you can read the name victory. The drive belt wears like a belted tire and will not last if you reverse the direction

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys rock! Mine is hanging over the side of a bookcase which means it's about half as wide as it's long. I'll move it so it's nearly a circle and lay it flat. No problem with the temperature and humidity conditions in the house.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Sounds like way too much fuss. I'll just order when I need it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts