Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Performing a mild cosmetic rebuild on a Black 2012 Victory XC.
Finally decided to quit lurking and join.

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Hi mate, yes you just did your second post so you should be ok now .... Please try ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My project, 2012 XC. It was layed down on the right side. It needed a right side hard bag, footboard, brake lever, muffler and shield. I will repaint the front fender, and fairing. All ready have the parts, just have to install them and do the paint work.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correction, I still need the exhaust shield and the brake lever, If any one has these parts, let me know.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Mike,
Looks like it will be an easy fix. The tough part is going to be finding a brake lever because there aren't any aftermarket options for people to swap to. The link below should make it easier because it will give you an idea of where you can get the lever from (assuming you want a used one). I would search ebay for the Victory brake lever and watch for posts that say the lever came from any of the bikes listed in the link. Another option is contacting a cycle salvage place and asking if they have a lever from any of the bikes in the link.

Victory 2203652 - Kit, Brake Lever, M/C, Adjustable : Don Wood Victory

By the way where are you at in Eastern WA? I'm from the Spokane area and graduated from Medical Lake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am from the Tri-Cities. I got most everything I need from ebay and a member from this forum. I was hoping that someone that had replaced their complete stock exhaust system would want to part out their system. There are few recyclers on ebay that are asking 70-75% of list price and their parts are beat up. And I noticed that they never seem to be able to sell there parts. I was surprised at the nearly $100 price for a new brake lever on the handle bar from a discount online retailer.

I am rebuilding a 2012 FLD and 2005 Night Train. Rebuilding a Harley sure is cheaper. Might have to bit the bullet and buy the parts from the dealer.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the Forum , if the bike had the tubular crash guards on it the only damage it would have taken would have been a scrape to the bottom of the guard , it would even have saved the bag from nary a scratch . In a low speed tip over of course .:wink

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am from the Tri-Cities. I got most everything I need from ebay and a member from this forum. I was hoping that someone that had replaced their complete stock exhaust system would want to part out their system. There are few recyclers on ebay that are asking 70-75% of list price and their parts are beat up. And I noticed that they never seem to be able to sell there parts. I was surprised at the nearly $100 price for a new brake lever on the handle bar from a discount online retailer.

I am rebuilding a 2012 FLD and 2005 Night Train. Rebuilding a Harley sure is cheaper. Might have to bit the bullet and buy the parts from the dealer.

Mike
Welcome Mike! I was wondering if you have done any biz with Thunder Alley in Pasco? Beautiful building! Not sure if they are known for great deals on parts, but they might have some "take off" pipes. They are the closest dealer to me also, but all I have purchased is oil.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tang56, I have not been to Thunder Alley. I called them last week to ask about a parts quote on new saddlebags, left my phone # with the parts guy and they never responded.

I got these pipes from ebay. Which leaves my a spare muffler and shield to sell. I will put the stock tips back on these new ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks like your set! I stock the Victory owners facebooks pages, and see some bags from time to time. Just a thought.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Still need the right Saddlebag. I may have to buy the complete set that is on EBay right now and sell the left one. Tang56 let me know if one pops up.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
281 Posts
Roger that Mike. I'll keep an eye out!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts