Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
13,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this should be at the top of the page for ever

Victory Owners Public Service Announcement!!!:
I get a lot of e-mails and phone calls that go something like: " Can you find me XYZ stock part for my bike? My dealer can't find it, or they can't have it for 3 weeks" or some other malarkey. So here is how you get around that. Follow along as we order a brake line from a 2012 Highball.
1) look up the part number here: http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp
Victory makes their parts fiche available to the general public. So using the dropdowns I got to 2012 Highball - then the brake line was under "Brake lines and Reservoir". Once I clicked that link I can see now that the line I want is part #12: PN: 1911091 (Asm.Brake Hose, Rear, Peg [Footpeg]).
2) Now armed with the correct part number I look up the retail price on this website: http://www.donwoodvictory.com/fiche_select.asp
Victory makes this app available to their dealers; wherein they can link their personal website to Victory's database of parts and prices. Don Woods Victory isn't the only dealer website that can do this, there are many others.
Now I can see that the part number is good and the list price is $189.99.
Now at this point I am armed with the part number and price so I can call any dealer in the country and order it up. Personally I work with R/J PERFORMANCEin Ottumwa, IA because I know they place daily Victory orders. A dealer in good standing only needs is $350 in items to place an order and have the parts shipped to them for free from Victory. A high volume dealer can place 1-2 orders per day, so when I call, RJ's just tacks it on to their daily order and they get the part in 2 business days. Waiting three weeks for a part is INSANE, unless the part is backordered or for some reason the dealer cannot make the minimum order. Then the dealer calls me, lets me know the part is in and I either stop down or have it shipped to me.
Easy as that. If your dealer cannot either 1) find the part number, or 2) is saying that it will be a several week wait, then find another dealer. Many good dealers will welcome your orders and would love to sell you parts - especially if you already have the part number in-hand.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Sticky, Sticky, Sticky, Sticky, Sticky, Sticky, Sticky, Sticky,

+ 100 :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Great info!!!

·
Premium Member
8,966 Posts
Certainly!:)

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
First posted on another forum by Rylan Voss. Nice copy and paste VJ.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Found a new place to order stuff. Was at a good price & got it in 7-8 days. It is partspitstop.com. got a magnum seat for 327.00. No muss no fuss. cheerscheers

·
Registered
133 Posts
Forgot to mention they have all the riches rt. on the web

·
13,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First posted on another forum by Rylan Voss. Nice copy and paste VJ.
Yes I copied Rylans post and posted it here.
We need to know this information. Don't we

1 - 11 of 11 Posts