Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Honda Valkyrie for seven years but shortly after getting her I went to a Victory event and couldn't believe the comfort of the XC, XR and Vision. Ever since then I'd been trying to modify the Valk to feel like that with new seats, forward controls, etc, etc. Two weeks ago I gave up and purchased a 2012 XC. I took a 30 horse hit but it still has a ton of power and handles like a dream. It's also pretty damn smooth for a Vtwin (for those who don't know, the Valk is a flat 6 or "boxer")

I'm going to be asking a lot of questions and looking forward to being here.

Special K

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Me too. I had two Valkyrie Interstates before getting my CCT. The stationary foot position and a lack of a 6th gear finally got to me on the Valkyrie. But they are, IMHO, one of the best motorcycles Honda ever designed and built.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you 100%. I forgot to mention no 6th gear and only 34 mpg. At least your Interstate had a little bigger fuel tank. They're still not putting OD on the new Valks or the F6B.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
That Valkyrie Interstate sure had my eye for a long time. Just couldn't afford it at the time. Then I had a 2002 Goldwing for almost 10 seasons.

Then gave that up for the XCT :)

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Welcome.
A few weeks ago I was planning to get an F6B, but after riding one(twice) I realized I hated the riding position, foot control placement and I'd never be comfortable on the bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wrote to Honda about this. They thanked me for my feedback but never did anything. They've moved the seat back a smidge on the new Valk and F6B but I'd still never be able to live with it. Honda makes an awesome machine but there are some things they just don't get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts