Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed my front and rear wbm led lights. I still have to install the load equalizer. I was reading up about guys using the led flash module part number 4013199 for the touring bikes ( replacing it with the acm ) Any body know if this works instead of the load equalizer. I guess I should mention its an 2012 vegas 8 Ball. Also did anyone run into the wires for the lights being reversed for the 2012? or was this just the older bikes?

Thanks, I know this has been beaten around here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After more internet fun I realize now my bike does not have the acm and has a flasher module relay instead. Explains why I couldnt find it.
But Im still wondering if the led 4013199 will work instead of the equalizer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where did you buy your LED lights? I notice you are in Canada and I can't seem to find a good website in Canada to buy motorcycle parts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked them up locally as it seemed only about 30 bucks cheaper than with shipping from on line. Where in canada are you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got everything wires up yesterday and then tested... Just a heads up the 2012 8 ball ( Mine anyway ) the front left signal is wired backwards. I traced the wires back into the head light and in the connector the blue wire is black on the other side and the black wire is blue. Makes you wonder why this would happen from factory.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you get your load equalizer installed yet? If so where did you put it?
I'm installing LEDs all around this weekend and have my load equalizer on order. Initial tests already show the fast blink symptom.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got everything wires up yesterday and then tested... Just a heads up the 2012 8 ball ( Mine anyway ) the front left signal is wired backwards. I traced the wires back into the head light and in the connector the blue wire is black on the other side and the black wire is blue. Makes you wonder why this would happen from factory.
Incandescent bulbs don't matter which way power runs through them. I noticed on the back of my 2012 Hammer 8-ball last night that the rear blinkers can't only be installed one way for left and right but both ways for power.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Did you get your load equalizer installed yet? If so where did you put it?
I'm installing LEDs all around this weekend and have my load equalizer on order. Initial tests already show the fast blink symptom.
Im not sure as to your question. Are you asking location "where" or which wires to connect the EQ to?? If it is connection, you connect the load equalizer to the ground to that turn signal and to the color designated flash wire. Example of one of my rear flashers

Blk = Ground
White/Pink= Running light
Blue = Turn

As POPs noted, wiring diagrams can sumtimes be wrong, do a quick visual of which element is lit as running light just to double check or run back into your harness. Ground usually becomes common at some point.

You SHOULD need a LE on each seperate turn signal of approx 6ohm at 25 watt, here that would be tapping one end each of the equalizer to the BLK and the Blue. How you connect the equalizer is up to you, if you use inline or "T" style compression wire taps, ensure you wrap well with elec tape. You may find Posi-Taps a better environmental resistance solution but more expensive. heres the link.
http://www.posi-lock.com/posiplug.html

Hope this helps, if not toss a little more info and would be glad to help if I can.

Tim

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I was a little confused as to what I've been reading. I've heard you only need one load equalizer for the whole bike. May be that is wrong and you need one for the front and back for each set of lights.

The load equalizer I order has 3 wires on it, one ground and 2 for each light. I figured the front and rear were connected and you only needed one device.

I guess the question would be did you do front and back blinkers and where did you tie in the load equalizer(s)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I havent installed the load equalizer yet. I was waiting for a part first. it arrived today and I will pick it up after work and install tomorrow. I ordered the flasher model from the 2012 touring bikes. They have on with LED.s Wanted to try this first. Dont like splicing wires if I dont have to. My buddy and I install the load equalizer on his high ball. We installed it under the seat and strapped it to the frame, We removed the fuse box to make this simpler. Once mine is done Ill upload some photos of how we ran the wires.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Search for BBob and Service Manuals, download the 08Hammer (will at least get you in the ball park) and look at your wiring schematic. I was trying to down load here at work and keeps timing out due to our slow connection. Your looking for a 6 0hm/25w for each singal circuit to eliminate the bulb out speed flash and Im fairly certain they are independent on your bike as the Vision and TC are. Not sure what you paid for your EQ but AutoIllumincatinos are 6.99 each. Might be best to get a Hammer rider to comment here. Will try to download your diagram when I get off work tonight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts