Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might need new from Brake Rotors PN# 1911624-266
For a 2012 XR, Looked and :eek GADZUKES!! Polaris is Real Proud of those guys!!

I'm not after bling or expect stock certificate with them, just Brake rotors. The price is pretty high in my opinion.

So what options do I have for a replacement?

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Why would you need replacements? What happened to the originals?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Ebay is your friend

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
What sort of mileage has your rotors to a state of being worn to undersize? What pads are you using that wear your rotors?
Switch to Lyndalls pads theyre not
nearly as aggressive on rotors.
Oh and if your rotors measure up legally undersize then Paulie of Honda East Toledo is the best cheapest source of new originals.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Sort of on topic but on the last vic ride I went on ,one guy had oversized rotors and caliper reposition brackets.(cross country)

Has anyone seen a single over size rotor kit for the Vegas?

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Sort of on topic but on the last vic ride I went on ,one guy had oversized rotors and caliper reposition brackets.(cross country)

Has anyone seen a single over size rotor kit for the Vegas?
Did you ask the guy riding the bike about his oversize rotor?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the Arlen Ness rotors as shown in the above picture.

They work great and do reduce the effort required for a given braking response.

There is a supplied bracket that moves the stock caliper to the necessary position for the larger rotor. Very simple 1 hour job to install, does require removal of the front wheel. Does not require any re bleeding of the brakes.

I suppose it would be prudent to put on new pads if the pads you have now had a significant amount of miles on them. I put the new rotors on when the bike was almost brand new.

But make no question, I solely put the larger rotors on for looks only.
To me, they look great and that is all I wanted. The stock system works just fine, again, just for looks.

Got them from Witch Doctors, about 5 bills or something?

Everybody has their preferences on what looks good, for me it works.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
What happened to the OP?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Are you talking about these oversized rotors? I wonder if the mounting points are the same as other models?
Thanks that's them, so they are from ness, I will ask next time in Melbourne

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rotor

Sorry took so long to reply silly job kept me busy.
The Front brakes are stock, and pulsing when I get below 30 mph. I cleaned the Buttons/Rivets very good, but they were not rusted or stuck. (I keep the bike clean and have only rode in the rain 4 or 5 times(not by my option)). I took off the pads, they still look pretty good and the wear slits are around an 1/8 inch deep. I scuffed them up to remove any glazing. I then used a "scotch brite" scouring pad on the rotor surface and cleaned it real good with Brake cleaner.
for about 100 miles i really though the issue was gone, but it gradually started the pulsing grabby feeling again just not as bad.

So now I'm thinking the rotor may be warped. I don't have a dial gauge, so I sharpened point to a thin welding rod and a block with about 8 inches protruding so it was flexible. Moved it to "ALMOST" touch the outer most part of the rotor brake surface, both sides there is a section that drags the rod. so there is rotor side to side movement. Not a lot but noticeable.

So my theory is I can replace the rotors or live with the pulsing.
It is out of warranty, with around 16K miles.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I like to try the cheap and easy things first and that has saved me a ton of $$$. Chances are you still have the original pads and if so, they are next to worthless compared to EBC-HH pads. Try those for way better braking performance and hoo nose, maybe that will make your discs better in the bargain. Its worth a try. FYI; I have cheapie pads in the rear to help avoid lock-up.

·
12,984 Posts
Use a steel straightedge to check rotor. Not hard to pull wheel to check it.
With any brake pad put sandpaper on a flat surface and run pads over the sandpaper. Do it even on new pads to help with brake in. 3 or 4 swipes should do it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts