Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this may be a stupid question. How do you get the front chin fairing off of a Cross Country? I removed the four bolts, fairing would not budge. I talked to a guy at the dealer he said to pull down and then out. It still won't budge. I don't know if there are any tabs behind the fairing that may snap off, so going slowly, can't see anything holding it. Any body else have a problem removing chin fairing?
Thanks

·
12,983 Posts
Ok, this may be a stupid question. How do you get the front chin fairing off of a Cross Country? I removed the four bolts, fairing would not budge. I talked to a guy at the dealer he said to pull down and then out. It still won't budge. I don't know if there are any tabs behind the fairing that may snap off, so going slowly, can't see anything holding it. Any body else have a problem removing chin fairing?
Thanks
Doesn't the owners book tell you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chin fairing

Yea, it says to remove 2 upper and 2 lower bolts. Thats all.
But fairing is stubborn, won't budge and i sure don't want to break it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chin faring-got it

Finally got it out, pushed, pulled, and few smacks with the heel of the hand and it just kinda fell out. No tabs or anything, should have just slid out. Battery looks kinda small, big battery shelf and small battery.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
front chin fairing

the battery box has about an inch of space on each side of the battery. However the depth appears to be at max.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
What would that empty space be good for?

·
12,983 Posts
What would that empty space be good for?
If I am not to late before you put the cover back on put a external star washer on each Battery bolt so they don't come loose on you later. You can get them at any hardware store for 35 cents each.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts