Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed that if I ride over a lot of small bumps at very low speed with the clutch pulled in or in Neutral I hear a loud knocking sound in the front end.

On pavement I never notice this. I only notice this when riding over grass at 5-10mph to get my bike from the shed to the street. I'm sure I'd hear it on the street if I rode over a lot of small bumps in rapid succession (like rumble strips).

Anyone ever experienced this? I'm worried about steering head bearings but my bike only has 22,000 miles and has been kept in a garage or shed it's entire life.

Anything else I should inspect? Loose brake caliper or pads? Nothing there feels odd when braking.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
You will not be able to torque them, you will need a spanner wrench (or you can tap it with a long punch and a hammer). Before you do anything loosen the upper triple center nut then tighten the head nut with the spanner (or punch), there is a torque value for the center triple nut not sure how much off the top of my head what the value is. You should actually remove the upper triple but you should be ok by not doing so.
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE HEAD NUT, 1/8TH TURN AT A TIME!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. I will take a look at it this weekend and report back! cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts