Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to lower the front end on my TC. Anybody tried this? Where should I start? Search function not very helpful on the iPhone :-(

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Loosen the triple trees on the forks. Slide down to desired height. Just a thought.

2000 V92SC
Middle Tenn
it ain't stock...
I've done that on a number of bikes. It works. However, it changes the geometry. The more the forks are horizontal, the less stable it is at lower speeds. It also becomes easier to counter-steer, basically. It's not a bad idea, but get used to the new handling characteristics and don't just hop on and go nuts. :)

I'm considering raising the rear a bit. It has the same affect on the geometry, but also may change the center of gravity in a non-desirable way. In your case, lower is good. In my case, higher is rarely a good thing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to road race bikes competitively. I know not to drop the forks too much. I was kinda looking for a resource for some progressive lowering springs, so I wouldn't loose my fork travel as much.
Thanks for all the replies, be safe!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wht would you raise the rear?
They bank the corners to the outside in an attempt to slow people below the marked yellow sign. This is confirmed by the civil engineer in town. On a few of these turns, bumps cause the bike to scrape a bit.

The place that's scrapping is not something that moves, like the floorboards. I'm hoping that a bit of a lift will give me a bit more clearance.

I could use progressive front springs. I haven't found any. I'm noticing a bit more dive then I'd like to see. However, it's also true that the fork oil has never been checked or replaced.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lowering

I have lowered my wifes 2003 V92C: We first had the shock shortened (there is a fellow in Michigan that shortens the rear shock shaft & rebuilds the shock, found him on here); I lowered her front forks in the tripple trees about 1/2" (warned not to go lower than 1"); We then added 1/2 inch soles to her boots. She is 5' 4" and the V92C is a bit too tall for her (still), it is not so much the seat height it is because the seat is so wide she looses leg length when standing over the seat? Her 92 has a mustang seat which we are looking at having shaved down a bit? Hate to do it, but it is cheaper than buying her a Boardwalk....she loves her V92.

Dez

1 - 8 of 8 Posts