Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow KP'ers looking for some help. I want to put a front fairing on my 08 KP with speakers and stereo. Just looking for some advice and websites to check some things out. Oh and some advice on how to relocate my speedometer too. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got a wide open customs on my 07. after a lot of playing around with air issues (buffeting) I am very happy with it. don't think i'll ever be without a fairing bike again!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah dude that's badass. I looked at the site, they want almost a grand for it with stereo and speakers.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I also have a WOC fairing. It's a nice addition but since installing, I have a high speed wobble. I have adjusted it some and made it better but I still don't trust it going too fast (over 105).

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
The woc fairings dont make you move your speedo...they are the cheapest stereo fairing. You can get a memphis shades for close to 5 without a stereo.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Thats a good looking fairing in its basic form, but it looks like it needs to be lower on the trees and skewed a bit more backwards to fit the shape better. Maybe thats where youre getting most of your areodynamic resistance from... just a thought.

this looks bad ass!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thats a good looking fairing in its basic form, but it looks like it needs to be lower on the trees and skewed a bit more backwards to fit the shape better. Maybe thats where youre getting most of your areodynamic resistance from... just a thought.

this looks bad ass!!!
This makes sense to me and I certainly would prefer it lower and back more but when I had it that way (originally) that is when I got the wobble at about 103. It happened twice. Since moving it more upright, I have been to 105 with no wobble but it seemed like it was on the verge of it. Before the fairing, with a windshield on, I once had it up to 114 and it was as smooth as silk. I don't typically drive anywhere near that fast but I certainly want to know the limitations of the bike to minimize the surprises.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Reckless fairings were the most inexpensive I found for a stereo, last I checked they didn't offer for a kingpin
, but maybe one of the other models might fit.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
504 Posts
yea large fairings like that are not the best for aerodynamics at all! the minimalist idea is usually the best. look at the salt flat racers!!!

203 MPH.... Fastest American made bike/ Women Rider! thumb up

·
Registered
120 Posts
I haven't had mine that fast not planning on it either:). My issue was buffeting. I added some home made lexan pieces to the underside of the fairing similar to the xct pieces then put the fork mounted lowers on as well and got the air flow right for my height.

·
Registered
931 Posts
My air flow is just about right with the Memphis. If I want more air on my face,I move my knees away from tank. Bad thing I'm sporting like a 8 inch goatee and it blows up my face when I do that lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
If I were you I would check the torque/tension adjustment on your neck bearings AKA fall away. A fairing will not "cause" high speed wobble bunt will most certainly contribute to showing you the problem.

I also have a WOC fairing. It's a nice addition but since installing, I have a high speed wobble. I have adjusted it some and made it better but I still don't trust it going too fast (over 105).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
for those with the WOC fairing, did you have to put the fairing together and get it painted yourself?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Its all put together when you get it and yes you will have to get it primed and painted. You also have to install the stereo and speakers and such. You should go to the website it gives you all the info and options.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
You cannot use an adhesion promoter on the abs plastic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts