Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the plastic/chrome protectors that clip to the bottom of the front forks. I have had my XCT 12 for seven months and either the left or right protector has broken off. Is their something out there that is not plastic to replace this part.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with the plastic/chrome protectors that clip to the bottom of the front forks. I have had my XCT 12 for seven months and either the left or right protector has broken off. Is their something out there that is not plastic to replace this part.
Wolfman,

What you want to do is read this thread, which lists at least one aftermarket alternative: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=9813

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Yes, they break if you sneeze too hard. Mine are gone, replaced by chrome guards, as mentioned in the thread linked above.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
After feeling smug about not breaking mine in almost 3 years and a ton of wipe downs, I finally broke one of my XR's fork protectors. I checked with my dealer and was quoted @ $33 for a plastic replacement. I remembered seeing chrome metal ones on a friend's '07 Kingpin and inquired as to the price of those...$225 a set. Holy cow! So I called Kate at Honda East Toledo (she gives us VF members good price breaks) and she quoted $142 for a pair of KP metal fork guards - not cheap, but doable, since they won't break. So I told her its a deal. The part numbers are: Left - 5247013-156 $72 / Right - 5247014-156 $70. Don't ask me why the different prices, that's Mother Vic for ya. Shipping to the left coast is $8.50. That's the best way to go IMO. Incidentally, she met KewlMetal's price exactly.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I love my new Victory but it is things like cheap fork protectors that get to me for a bike that is trying to compete with HD. The day I bought my bike a guy came in who had just had his XC a week and had a broken fork protector. Dealer just pulled one off the the floor bikes and put it on his. Heck, even my low end Suzuki M50 has a fender designed to double as a fork protector (also an inverted fork bike).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts