Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the seal on their front shocks develop a leakage? I have the Victory extended warranty. Would a seal replacement be covered under the extended warranty. If not what's the general ballpark part and labor cost out of pocket for something like this?
Oh, just over 41k mile on a 2013 XCT.

Thx!

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
41k ain't bad for a fork seal. I would bet cash money that the extended warranty won't cover it because they are considered 'wear items'.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine started leaking AFTER the 15k fork oil service, I used the sealmate tool and it hasn't leaked in 6-7 thousand miles. I admit I had my doubts on this but now a believer.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Mine started leaking at 10k kilometers and made a sealmate too, forum members showed me how, but for 6 months it is leaking BAD so i ordered new seals

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Mine started leaking at 10k kilometers and made a sealmate too, forum members showed me how, but for 6 months it is leaking BAD so i ordered new seals
Yeah make up your own or buy a Sealmate, and BP6666VR ya gotta use it more than once, I clean mine out whenever they start gunking up with bug smegma and I notice fork oil dribbling down the back of my fork legs....just pop the dust covers then slip yr sealmate in..round and round a coupla times then jag the crap out, do it again then pump the front up n down clean the forktubes with a cl;ean rag, pump again and watch the seals reseal themselves...mine need doing every few months.
Not a problem....I carry my homemade sealmate in my tool roll.
Dont go buying seals till youve tried the zero cost solution!:smile

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts