Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 cross roads classic and the front sprocket cover is black. I bought a chrome replacement and I am having trouble trying to remove the black cover. Do I need to remove the exhaust. I think I can remove the cover by removing the rear right passenger peg mount. I don't have a socket big enough to remove the peg mount. Can someone tell what size the nut is. Hopefully I can remove the cover without having to remove the exhaust.
Anyone switched theirs out?

·
13,177 Posts
next time your trying find out nut size take a crescent wrench and get it as tight as you can on nut. Now slide it off and with a tape measure measure the opening. That should give you what you need.
The exhaust will have to come off or to the point you can swing it out to pull old cover. Put masking tape over chrome cover so you don't scratch it putting it on.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
next time your trying find out nut size take a crescent wrench and get it as tight as you can on nut. Now slide it off and with a tape measure measure the opening. That should give you what you need.
The exhaust will have to come off or to the point you can swing it out to pull old cover. Put masking tape over chrome cover so you don't scratch it putting it on.
that's sound advice, VJ, but the nuts for the passenger begs brackets are recessed into the bracket itself on the Cross bikes. No getting a crescent wrench in there.

The right muffler and heat shield will likely have to come off, and I bet that nut's a 19, but my bike's 800 miles away, so I can't tell you for sure man. Sorry.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct about recessed nut. It's either a 24 or 26 size. My 22 was still too small

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
On my XCT the 24mm fits

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a 24mm socket. I installed the cover in about 30m. Didn't remove exhaust. I couldn't take off the rear peg without taking the whole exhaust off but with it loose I was able to take out the side cover.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
lol, i was all kinds of wrong. 1 out 3 IS bad. Glad it worked out without having to pull the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Luci , your signature is priceless , Honestly , you and I must think alot alike , especially in this politically correct landscape . To see someone express their true feelings is an uplifting thing .... I personally would wish the perpetrator much worse , but I understand your feelings completely .;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a 2013 cross roads classic and the front sprocket cover is black. I bought a chrome replacement and I am having trouble trying to remove the black cover. Do I need to remove the exhaust. I think I can remove the cover by removing the rear right passenger peg mount. I don't have a socket big enough to remove the peg mount. Can someone tell what size the nut is. Hopefully I can remove the cover without having to remove the exhaust.
Anyone switched theirs out?
Darn shame we couldn't have swapped!
I always wanted mine black.....

·
Registered
361 Posts
For the record-the cover comes off without touching anything else-it just takes some patience using ball end allen wrench and cutting down a 5mm allen to fit between the pipes & cover-some masking tape on the cover is an excellent suggestion too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts