Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to Victory (just bought a 2004 Vegas), and need some help. The bike I bought is in great shape, with low miles, however the front tire has dry rout cracks and I think I should replace. Can anyone recommend a tire, it has a Dunlop "Cruisemax 80/90-21", but I don't see those anywhere, I am sure the dealer does but will be pricey. I checked ebay, saw the size but they were not Cruisemax. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tires for vegas

Hi, I am new to Victory (just bought a 2004 Vegas), and need some help. The bike I bought is in great shape, with low miles, however the front tire has dry rout cracks and I think I should replace. Can anyone recommend a tire, it has a Dunlop "Cruisemax 80/90-21", but I don't see those anywhere, I am sure the dealer does but will be pricey. I checked ebay, saw the size but they were not Cruisemax. Thanks for your help.
The Dunlops are a good tire, and shouldn't be terribly expensive, but I am a big fan of Avon Venoms. They are quite pricey (around $150 for the front and around $210 for the rear), but they lasted way better than Dunlops. I'm quite sure that you will get many different opinions on this board, but I really like the Avons. I have also used Continental tires, but they did not seem to have very good wet grip and one of my riding buddies swears by Metzlers (even more expensive) None will be cheap however. (This should NOT prevent you from replacing the weather-checked tire, remember, this is all that is between you and the asphalt) Take care of your bike and it will take care of you...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put metzlers on my jackpot, and love them. Rides and handles better than the Dunlops. Cant tell you about the mileage yet.
If you shop around you can find some deals I got mine from Motorcycle superstore I think it was 220 back and 130 front

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put metzlers on my jackpot, and love them. Rides and handles better than the Dunlops. Cant tell you about the mileage yet.
If you shop around you can find some deals I got mine from Motorcycle superstore I think it was $220 back and $130 front
My back is a 260

1 - 4 of 4 Posts