Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size front wheel can I run on a gunner? i.e. Can I fit a 21" diameter wheel without and modification to the front forks and or rake ?

Thanks in advance for the assistance lads :)

Jeff

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
What size front wheel can I run on a gunner? i.e. Can I fit a 21" diameter wheel without and modification to the front forks and or rake ?

Jeff
Yeah mate, dont see why not.
Gunners basically a Vegas and they run 21"
Use the Gunnner axle and spacers

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was wondering the same thing for my KP and figured it hsould be ok since it is basically the same bike as the vegas ...
Ive seen lots of thread with people running kp wheels and fenders on the vegas but havent seen any reversed -- vegas wheel on kp.

I you do this on your gunner please post up some pics.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Surely I cant the first lad to have tried this ? Anybody out their with a Pic .....

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Surely I cant the first lad to have tried this ? Anybody out their with a Pic .....
Gunners only been out a coupla years and the newer style Vegas 21"er would be closest to matching the style of the rear wheel... Or the Stingray wheel?
Maybe a Magnum wheel, plenty of blokes are ditching them for even bigger front wheels given the current fad, shouldn't be difficult to buy someones take off.

Photoshop may be the way to visualise the change.
You might have more luck finding someone here capable to Photoshop the 21" of your choice onto your Gunner pic.

Or just go ahead and do it and be possibly the first!
I'm currently waiting for an axle to arrive from US that I bought on eBay last night.
Did a cross check on the Polaris Parts site like VJ Suggested and came up with a big list of other Vic's that run the same style axle as the Kingpin USD fork front end that I'm fitting to my 2010 Vegas.
See pics. My Vegas at Mt Warning, wondering if those tall trees make my front end look better....
At Willowbank drags staging lanes, see I've fitted a Cross-country/Hammer type 18" front wheel to my Vegas.
And opening the box on my brand new Chrome Kingpin USD fork front end that I'm gonna fit to my Vegas once my 2011 Vision front axle arrives from USA ebay.
Victory parts mix n match well.
Which style 21" wheel did you have in mind?
Maybe someone here can Photo-chop it for you?

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gunners only been out a coupla years and the newer style Vegas 21"er would be closest to matching the style of the rear wheel... Or the Stingray wheel?
Maybe a Magnum wheel, plenty of blokes are ditching them for even bigger front wheels given the current fad, shouldn't be difficult to buy someones take off.

Photoshop may be the way to visualise the change.
You might have more luck finding someone here capable to Photoshop the 21" of your choice onto your Gunner pic.

Or just go ahead and do it and be possibly the first!
I'm currently waiting for an axle to arrive from US that I bought on eBay last night.
Did a cross check on the Polaris Parts site like VJ Suggested and came up with a big list of other Vic's that run the same style axle as the Kingpin USD fork front end that I'm fitting to my 2010 Vegas.
See pics. My Vegas at Mt Warning, wondering if those tall trees make my front end look better....
At Willowbank drags staging lanes, see I've fitted a Cross-country/Hammer type 18" front wheel to my Vegas.
And opening the box on my brand new Chrome Kingpin USD fork front end that I'm gonna fit to my Vegas once my 2011 Vision front axle arrives from USA ebay.
Victory parts mix n match well.
Which style 21" wheel did you have in mind?
Maybe someone here can Photo-chop it for you?
Need to remember my gunner only has one front disc and the Cross country & Magnum have two disc'z ......

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Need to remember my gunner only has one front disc and the Cross country & Magnum have two disc'z ......
Yeah that's correct but it don't matter. Either unbolt one rotor and fill the threads with cap screws or for a balanced look keep both rotors and only one caliper.
My XC/ Hammer wheel just has my Vegas rotor bolted to it, bolt patterns the same.
It'll work.

·
13,263 Posts
without matching wheel it might look funny. Try doing a photo shop of a wheel

·
Registered
2,414 Posts

Jeff
Don't know much about the mechanical details of the swap but because a 21 has a shorter sidewall the overall diameter is only a little different than that of a 16 or a 19. From a geometry point of view they are quite similar. The bike might handle a slight bit slower. Could also be a bit more stable on the slab. The cool factor will probably overcome any perceived deficiencies if it's the look you want.

Check out this calculator: http://www.csgnetwork.com/tiresizescalc.html
It will give you the diameter difference between tires. The change in axle height will be 1/2 that.
Mostly the difference in geometry will be within the range of gaining a few lbs or going on a diet for a few weeks in actuality.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
As I do ......
Yeah and the current Vegas front wheel is sort of similar in style and colour to the Gunner, closer than a Stingray though painting the Stingray black would be cool.
Magnum wheel would suit too I reckon, should be able to get a take off from someone gone 23-26"
You'll probably need a Vegas front fender too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts