Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I belong to a truck forum also, where great ideas are shared like here. Seen several posts about the beauty of Plasti-Dip for mod's and customization's also. Have had a dilemma since buying my KP, KS has no helmet law, but 10 miles east in MO, they do. Since it has been over a year since my last bike, went to my storage box and dug out my previous half helmet. Needing a 3X in this country is not an easy thing so went back to what I knew for now. Unfortunately the old helmet lacked luster and has obviously been dropped a few times as someone must have been using it as a toy.

I recently blacked out the wheels on our farm ATV (2007) since they were losing some of their luster and finish, so I figured why not try the Plasti-Dip on the helmet until I find a new one? See pic, I thought it came out okay, and if I don't like it, the plasti-dip peels right off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looks just fine to me . thumb up

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks LilMags. Gibson, I have seen those on Amazon before but not actually done the google, which would be a surprise to all my friends. Thanks for those, definitely considering those for my new lid. If anyone is interested, for 3X and 4X helmets, personally considering the Zox Nano (out of stock currently), best price I have found is competitionaccessories.com.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks LilMags. Gibson, I have seen those on Amazon before but not actually done the google, which would be a surprise to all my friends. Thanks for those, definitely considering those for my new lid. If anyone is interested, for 3X and 4X helmets, personally considering the Zox Nano (out of stock currently), best price I have found is competitionaccessories.com.
FWIW in the future, I did an oil change and brakes on my bike this last week. Had to run to the MO side of the line for brake pads for the rear. Freedom Cycle had a 3/4 3xl helmet from Vega with a flip down shield that I now proudly own. I feel like I have become a professional helmet fitter after all I have learned about molds and so on. But I am happy to have another option for colder months. There is still buzz that most manufacturers are dumping the larger sizes. The Vega's go all the way to 5xl, picked mine up for $115.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Check out Skull Crusher. They make custom helmets. Very cool stuff II I picked up the black cherry carbon weave. Really incredible looking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts