Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A true rare bread. CCT WITH REVERSE GEAR! Recently serviced, highly customized, see list below. Perfect for vertically challenged, or swap lowering link out, put on a new seat and sell the old one. Handle bars fully adjustable for all sizes.

Victory Reverse Gear
Lowered 1.5” with shorter kick stand/reach
"V" Wing trunk rack
Saddle bag top rails
Custom Ostrich leather “forward” seat with gel for rider/passenger – heated
Ram ball mounts
Power Commander
Lloyds Adj Timing gear & Intake & Fuel Control
Catalytic removed
Heli bars for full adjustability
Under 25k miles
Recently serviced
Flash to pass transmitter (receiver included)
USB port on handle bars
Pre-wire heated clothing connector and pig tail for trickle charger
Cee Baily shield with wind vent (original brackets included)
Kuryakyn Timing and Crank case covers, saddle bag hinges, forward pegs
Passenger Grab Rails
Lower’s case Locks

Original link to put back to stock, Original Jiffy stand, original shock link included

Pricing here:
https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2012-Victory-CROSS-COUNTRY-TOUR-122509147

SOLD - 7-31-17

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I know it's a hassle but you'd be better off removing things like the reverse kit, handlebars, windshield etc and selling them separately. Sadly, these pieces add $0 value to your bike. I have a 2012 CCT and if I were selling it, that's what I would do. I'd remove everything I added that wouldn't leave a mark. I bought a very slightly used reverse kit last year for my CCT but haven't installed it yet. Since these great bikes are barely worth $10K in today's market, thanks to Polaris, selling as much as you can separately should help. Your best bet is to keep it, ride it and enjoy it for as long as you can.

And never purchase another Polaris product again. :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I might be in the market for a CCT (my fourth CCT) but I'm not overly motivated. I don't think I'd like a black one (world is chock full of black bikes) and I would be looking to get a hell of a deal which this is not...yet. Look me up in a year if your bike does not sell and the price is dropped enough to pay for a $2000 custom paint job. Good luck with your sale and I strongly hope that you don't have to come looking for me to try and make a sale.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I might be in the market for a CCT (my fourth CCT) but I'm not overly motivated. I don't think I'd like a black one (world is chock full of black bikes) and I would be looking to get a hell of a deal which this is not...yet. Look me up in a year if your bike does not sell and the price is dropped enough to pay for a $2000 custom paint job. Good luck with your sale and I strongly hope that you don't have to come looking for me to try and make a sale.

So what you're saying is your wife needs a 2012 CCT in Michigan or North Carolina, wherever you end up. It's better to have even numbers anyway. You'll love the black even though it's the opposite of the best looking color for a CCT; pearl white. :)

Carry On,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Option: Black can be changed way cheaper than $2k - get vicwrapz like I have for my black one. $646 to do the sides of a XCT in 3 different colors if you want, 5 choices of pattern also.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
So what you're saying is your wife needs a 2012 CCT in Michigan or North Carolina, wherever you end up. It's better to have even numbers anyway. You'll love the black even though it's the opposite of the best looking color for a CCT; pearl white. :)

Carry On,
No, my wife already has two 2012 CCT - one in Florida and one in Michigan. The latter one will be moving in late Oct. or early Nov. to our new place in the mountains of NC. I have a 2012 CCT in FL but have a 2006 Harley Softail in Michigan. Since I plan to do more touring, I am thinking about replacing the Softail with a touring bike. Even though I've probably done 15,000 miles of touring on my HD, it is nowhere near as comfortable or practical for touring as the incredible CCT.

I'm just toying with these ideas for now and certainly Polaris dropping the Victory line weighs heavily in my thinking.

In any case, a black bike would not be my preference but I like the idea of the Vicwrapz. Good thinking.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, price reduced again. Would consider Offers and/or my keeping some parts. By the way, this bike knows the NC roads really well. It lived up there every summer��

·
Registered
83 Posts
Would you be interested in selling the Heli bars? I have brand new Vic handlebars that you could put back on yours.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only if I didn't have to do any labor. For what you'd probably want them for the labor wouldn't make it feasable.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
MTVic, On the two CCT bikes that I ride, I've put on the Victory brand 2" pullback bars and they made a HUGE difference in my riding comfort. I have a much better and far more comfortable posture due to just this small change. Please pardon my ignorance but are the helibars adjustable for pullback and if so how? Or perhaps they just have more pullback than the stock bars. Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MTVic, On the two CCT bikes that I ride, I've put on the Victory brand 2" pullback bars and they made a HUGE difference in my riding comfort. I have a much better and far more comfortable posture due to just this small change. Please pardon my ignorance but are the helibars adjustable for pullback and if so how? Or perhaps they just have more pullback than the stock bars. Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish
The Heli bars do come back farther, and are fully adjustable from full pull back to Risers. Also the wrist angle can be changed. I had 2" pull backs and changed to Helis. saved my neck and wrists.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Cool. Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump. BIG price reduction. see listing craigslist or cycletrader. Link original post.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I would love to have a reverse gear. I just don't want to buy another XCT to get it.

The reverse gear accessory was too expensive to begin with -- $1,699 plus installation. Then Victory RAISED the price to $1,999. It's just way too much. Now they aren't available. I wish Victory had made them at a reasonable price to begin with.

Anyway, someone with knees going bad, like mine, and who doesn't already have an XCT will (or should) want your bike.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would love to have a reverse gear. I just don't want to buy another XCT to get it.

The reverse gear accessory was too expensive to begin with -- $1,699 plus installation. Then Victory RAISED the price to $1,999. It's just way too much. Now they aren't available. I wish Victory had made them at a reasonable price to begin with.

Anyway, someone with knees going bad, like mine, and who doesn't already have an XCT will (or should) want your bike.
Your in SC, not to far, buy the bike, strip the parts you want and sell it basic, and you've got your reverse! Agree it was way too expensive as an option, but at my height and weight I found it unbelievable! Extending my touring by year! In fact, we generally justify purchases, and if I weighed it against orthopedic and medication charges I made money!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts