Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! -

I am just posting this up to see what sort of response I get. I am going back and fourth a bit on pulling the trigger on an Indian. Actually I am waiting to see what they release next week, but wanted to get the ball rolling in the event that I do in fact go with the 2017 Chieftain.

So here is what I have :
2014 Victory XC
30K miles
Original Owner

Mods / Add On's
- 16" Hi/Lo Apes
- Avon Grips
- OEM Victory LED Headlight
- Factory Painted Hard Lowers
- Fairing Mounted Vents
- Klock Works Shield w/ Madstrad Brackets
- Lloydz A/F
- Lloydz 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring
- PCV w/ Dyno Tune by Lloyd
- Lloydz Timing Wheel
- Vance & Hines Slip On's
- OEM Highway Pegs
- OEM Black Levers
- Mustang Touring Seat / Dirver Backrest
- OEM Victory Alarm w/ Keyfob
- OEM Passenger Backrest w/ OEM Luggage Rack

Looking for $11,500.00 or best offer.

Attachments

·
12,984 Posts
I can tell you if your trading in your extras will not get you any extra money.
Sorry I would keep my bike even if it didn't run before I bought a Indian

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can tell you if your trading in your extras will not get you any extra money.
Sorry I would keep my bike even if it didn't run before I bought a Indian
Trust me, I know. I am just listing what it has for parts more than anything.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Beautiful bike and all the right stuff!! I'm looking at buying an XC but it's ridiculous how low the values have gotten on them when you want to sell/trade yours.....and to coordinate things so you can work a deal.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I hope you end up with exactly what you want, but I will say, be careful what you ask for.
Question: How big an ole boy are ya? Those Chieftains are small and cramped, especially when compared to our cross bikes. My buddy has one and has literally put several grand into modifications (new seat, new, lowered floorboards) to "make it fit" him better. He's a bit over 6' and probably about 200 pounds so not a big guy.

He's also had the bike back and forth to the shop no less than 7 times to fix problems. I think his ECU has been replaced 3 times and flashed several more. Don't get me wrong, he loves his bike...mostly due to "I always wanted an Indian", but he does seem happy with it now. He does admit that my XR is a better riding bike though.

Lastly; please, please, please take that Indian for a really good test ride. I chaps my ass and amazes me how many folks come on and post complaints about one thing or the other when those things should have revealed themselves on the test ride. I think most folks a so mentally focused on WANTING to love the bike they are about to buy that they don't pay attention to the ride...they just ride.

Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
A local Indian dealer had the chieftain elite (the open front fender magnum look-a-like) with all the bling bling for $30k... still can't get over the ugly looking engine and rear end.....

Your bike is gorgeous and I am biased towards white bikes......I would not trade your bike for an Indian....you have the upper hand in terms of more advanced and better looking bike...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I sat on them and could not believe how cramped they were. The bars would hit my knees when turning.

Why are you wanting to get one?

Fort Worth, TX | 2010 Victory Cross Roads | Midnight Cherry | 1/4 Turn Ring | Miller Mufflers Short Baffle | Ultimate Seat | Wide Open Customs Fairing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts