Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two boat anchors that look remarkably like front and rear Kingpin wheels sold to me by a member of the club forum.

The chrome is far too bad to be used as wheels so I'm selling them as boat anchors.

Can be used as a base for a stand alone mailbox or maybe bury them half way down in your front yard for that unique look. Really only limited by your imagination.

$1000 shipped in the lower 48.

·
Premium Member
13,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. No one likes to get burned like that. Makes a person feel violated.

I have these priced too high for a reason.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from anyone on that forum except the person who burned me and for personal reasons; I don't want to disclose that person here. Anyone that's a member there can find out easy enough who it is though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's wicked cool!! Do you have a link where to get this done?
Goggle Hydrographics in Arizona. You should be able to find someone local. If not call around to the local custom Bike-car shops someone will know somebody.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Thanks. I'll check with one of the shops to see if they can remove the junky old chrome and do this to it.
They probably have to sand-blast them as a portion of the process so if it were me, I'd just send them their way if the price is right. I DO like those carbon fiber ones...unique

·
Registered
70 Posts
They probably have to sand-blast them as a portion of the process so if it were me, I'd just send them their way if the price is right. I DO like those carbon fiber ones...unique
The carbonfiberonesinthepics are mine. They are very unique and It looks awesome. Also have the gas cap and cheese wedges carbon fibered.

·
Premium Member
13,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The carbonfiberonesinthepics are mine. They are very unique and It looks awesome. Also have the gas cap and cheese wedges carbon fibered.
It is a cool and unique look. I'm going to be doing some switching around and getting another 04 KP with chrome wheels, etc. already on it. Between the chrome and the paint job and the parts I will switch over to the "new" bike; I'll be very close to where I want to be overall but I still like this idea and since I still have the wheels; I'm going to get the carbon fiber film applied to them in Tucson at Applied for $90 each. Then when it's time for some new tires I'll put them on the carbon fiber wheels and run them until they wear out and either go back to the chrome wheels or just keep running the CF. Toooooo many choices. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
BBOB, he just finished my new jackpot rear rim for me today. I'll have it later this week. Looks pretty good from the pictures. But that also means I'll have my vegas rear rim for sale if your interested.

·
Premium Member
13,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BBOB, he just finished my new jackpot rear rim for me today. I'll have it later this week. Looks pretty good from the pictures. But that also means I'll have my vegas rear rim for sale if your interested.
Thanks much but I think I'll go ahead and have these wheels done at some point. I'm thinking I'll be keeping the second KP after all. This would give it the added touch to make it really stand out in a crowd I think.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Thanks much but I think I'll go ahead and have these wheels done at some point. I'm thinking I'll be keeping the second KP after all. This would give it the added touch to make it really stand out in a crowd I think.
To me, wheels can make or break the look of car or bike. I far prefer the five spoke look to the design of your bad ones, but a nice faux CF treatment might change my perception.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts