Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have saw a lot of discussion on fuel controllers and auto tune, so thought I would throw this in. Check out gmanindustries.com and look at the Bully controller. I had one of these on a Suzuki that I had and it really brought that bike to life. I contacted them because it shows up to 2008 year, but they told me it willl work on all current Victorys. It is a plug and play and preset or you can adjust for different modifications. I have nothing to do with the site, just thought you might want to check it out.

·
Premium Member
13,708 Posts
If it's the Dobeck style; just about everyone sells one with different badging on them. With Dyno Jet it's the Power Commander III.

It's a "Pots" style tuner or digitally adjusted which adjusts the voltage to make the ECM react the way you want it to in terms of enriching and leaning the AFR. Basically makes it tune like a carb so you have an idle, mid range, and WOT ranges to tune.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks. I know the one I had on the Suzuki sure made a difference. This would probably be my choice if I put one on the Vic later. It came with directions for adjustments for each stage you did to the bike. It work great. Take care and thanks for the response.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
These types of controllers can only ADD fuel and only tune narrow parameters and are very limited.

The Power Commander can ADD OR REMOVE fuel and adjusts at:
0%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 30%.... and so on to 100% throttle

1000 rpm, 1250 rpm, 1500 rpm, 1750 rpm, 2000 rpm, 2250 rpm... and so on in 250 rpm increments

then you do the other cylinder....

If you're happy with 'close enough' then get a VFC or Bully or Anger Management or Cobra or Ness or whatever brand of 3rd generation Dobeck fuel controller you choose.
If you want it tuned RIGHT, you'll need the Power Commander. I have had both the VFC and the PC-III and there is really no comparison.

·
Premium Member
13,708 Posts
Thanks for the clarification HC. I wasn't aware those others couldn't remove the fuel. I bet you really like the PCV with the timing control and rev extender, eh!

Too bad they don't work with the older open loop bikes. Do you know if any mods can be made to allow the PCV to work with the pre-08 Vic's? It would be interesting if adding bung's, Auto Tune, and a newer ECM or, just the ECM and dyno tune, would work.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Don't most PC-V users disable the O2 sensors? If so, what good is closed loop FI?

I am SOOOO GLAD I have a 2006/2007 bike. My rev limit and timing ARE modified. Newer is not always better and I have no use for auto-tune.

·
Premium Member
13,708 Posts
Yeah. If they aren't using the AT the O2's are disconnected and/or removed. On a built engine like yours; I'd want a very good dyno tech to tune my bike too. Too bad there aren't very many of those around (in my experience). The AT on my XC tunes it better than anyone in my area for sure.

The simple Stage 1 that was done before I got either of the 04 KP's I currently have are more than adequate for my needs. I really wish there was an ECM flash for the basic Stage 1 plus Lloydz cams for the 106 motors. Sure would make things better all around.

I'm not as impressed with the Power Commander as you seem to be. They actually have a bad reputation around here for failing. Might have something to do with the extreme heat. That Cobra, set it and forget it, tuner sounds promising though. :D I wish I knew why Victory isn't marketing it. Sounds like what many of us are craving.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Half Crazy, thanks so much as I really did'nt know how different they were. It always helps to talk to someone that has been there and done that.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Don't most PC-V users disable the O2 sensors? If so, what good is closed loop FI?

I am SOOOO GLAD I have a 2006/2007 bike. My rev limit and timing ARE modified. Newer is not always better and I have no use for auto-tune.
Perfectly said thumb up

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bbob,

The Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro with CVT is not available yet. Contacted them about a month ago regarding Victory's and they are working on it and hope to have it available late summer. This is what I'm waiting for also, read some good reviews on it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
These types of controllers can only ADD fuel and only tune narrow parameters and are very limited.

The Power Commander can ADD OR REMOVE fuel and adjusts at:
0%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 30%.... and so on to 100% throttle

1000 rpm, 1250 rpm, 1500 rpm, 1750 rpm, 2000 rpm, 2250 rpm... and so on in 250 rpm increments

then you do the other cylinder....

If you're happy with 'close enough' then get a VFC or Bully or Anger Management or Cobra or Ness or whatever brand of 3rd generation Dobeck fuel controller you choose.
If you want it tuned RIGHT, you'll need the Power Commander. I have had both the VFC and the PC-III and there is really no comparison.

So the Power Commander, not the FVC, is what I need if I am already running rich. I have Level 1 pipes, IAC, Lloydz sedondary air kit and have to use a lower octane fuel to keep the black soot off of the end of the mufflers and spark plugs from fouling out. Also would the Auto Tune help with this.

Buster

·
Registered
163 Posts
So the Power Commander, not the FVC, is what I need if I am already running rich. I have Level 1 pipes, IAC, Lloydz sedondary air kit and have to use a lower octane fuel to keep the black soot off of the end of the mufflers and spark plugs from fouling out. Also would the Auto Tune help with this.

Buster
I had the SAME EXACT problem with my Vision (black soot) with running the VFC-III. Had a Power Commander V installed in Helen, GA during the SEVR...Man that really woke up my Vision and stopped it from SPEWING the black soot everywhere...Bike runs smooth and without any hesitation!!!

Like said above, the PC-V can be adjusted through all the throttle positions % and timing can be tweaked, as well as bumping the Rev Limiter...When you have cams in the motor you REALLY need the rev extender!!! cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts