Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new hammer a few weeks ago and have ordered a new exhaust (bassani prostreets) and a Ness intake kit. I would like to know what everyone is using for fuel/air packs. Have been looking into the Loydz VFCIII. Will I still need a factory map done? Any help would be great. Thanks Eric

·
Registered
173 Posts
you won't need a remap, that is what the vfc is for. good luck.

·
Registered
364 Posts
You didn't mention what year your bike was. Is it pre-cloosed loop or is it '08 or newer? If it's the earlier EFI, to get rid of the cat con cleaning feature (fuel is shut off by ECM when backing off) that causes some popping and sometimes a jerky feeling just off idle, you'd want to have an '05 Hammer Drag map downloaded, and then use the VFC. I personally prefer the II, and so do most of my customers. It's simpler and easier to tune with in my opinion. It works great with my Black Talon pipes, but I haven't put one on a bike with the Bassani.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 07. I am going to get the II after reading up on them in the VMC forums. I wish I could afford a set of your Talons Cycleops, those things are sweet. Also decided to add some big city baffles to help with the torqe issues these prostreets have.

·
Registered
364 Posts
CFL, the II is in my opinion also the bettr way to go, having more infinite adjustments versus the digital III. Thanks for the kudos on the Talons. They're not cheap, that's for sure, but you get a custom set of pipes from us, not your typical cookie cutter set. THe #'s speak for themselves too with 101.13HP and 106.56 lb ft of torque. That's an '06 100/6 Jackpot with a Ness intake and a VFCII, with no other mods. I do come across take off pipes, so if interested give me a call and I'll tell you what's available that I know of. 305-345-9444, call anytime.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Cycleops,

I'll keep that in mind when Im ready to upgrade from the bassani. These will have to do for now, the wife is already barking with all the other stuff im planning on upgrading. I'll look you up next time I'm riding in your area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.