Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I'll be picking up an RPW Thor pipe for my 07 Hammer and installing it this weekend. I already have a K&N filter installed, which means this thing will be getting pretty darn lean with these mods and I'll need a fuel controler.

What sucks is I don't know of any reliable dyno place available for bikes near by, which means that at least in the short run, it would be nice to load a map that would be "close enough", just so i can ride the bike without much worry.

My setup isn't radical, so I doubt I need anything overly sophisticated, but i don't know what I don't know.

So i wonder how have some of you guys approached this task? Which controller did you go with? Are there any specific ones to stay away from?

Any and all input, is appreciated! I'm all ears guys. :nerd

·
13,262 Posts
Marius

Buy one from Kevinx and be down with it

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the responses guys. The VFCIII does seem like one of the cheaper options, which is good if that's all I need.

Kevinx: are you a parts dealer? If so, would you be able to sell the vfcIII with the 2005 map already loaded?

My closest dealer is new to selling Vics, so I have no clue how competent they are yet. I might give them a call.

Probably the smartest thing would be to find a reputable tuner. Having it all dialed in just right would be time and money well spent i I think.

I'll keep doing my homework.

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Map 909-001 is the stock map. Click

Simple to do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did the same thing and had the same question, I bought a power commander 3, tried a couple of the stock programs and the bike runs great now. No pops and a smooth idle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
All you are getting with a K&N filter is a washable filter. The stock airbox is lame.

If you swap that airbox for something better (S&S/Lloydz/torque tubes) there's ****-ton of power in there you'll never see with what you have.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Map 909-001 is the stock map. Click

Simple to do.
Oh nice! So there's a map for the modded exhaust only, and also modded intake and exhaust. Good deal. I don't see myself modding any further.

Just to make sure I understand thought, these maps will only work on a PC3, they probably can't be loaded onto a VFC3, is that right?!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did the same thing and had the same question, I bought a power commander 3, tried a couple of the stock programs and the bike runs great now. No pops and a smooth idle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you mind sharing what mods you have and which map you used?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All you are getting with a K&N filter is a washable filter. The stock airbox is lame.

If you swap that airbox for something better (S&S/Lloydz/torque tubes) there's ****-ton of power in there you'll never see with what you have.
Oh hell... I had forgotten about that. I know you're right, cuz i've seen those LLOYDZ dyno graphs before. I should put it on the to do list...

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Just to make sure I understand thought, these maps will only work on a PC3, they probably can't be loaded onto a VFC3, is that right?!
That's right.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah... we all said that :ltr::ride:
Yeah, you're right. Cuz I just seen VINDEX's sig and..... lloyds now makes a degree advance wheel for the 100ci motors?!

fk... me

That's right.
Thanks, good to know, appreciate it!

Did the +6 really make a big difference?!

Seems like the +6, the intake and the pipe would really transform the bike. Which would be stupidly fun and awesome! :grin

You guys are getting me into all kinds of trouble here with my wallet...:devil

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Holly cr*p, they do make it:

HOH-PTS-07: Fits '02-'07 Victory Models $183.00

:eek

·
Registered
30 Posts
I found a used power commander 3 on ebay for $185, hooked my laptop up next to my bike and had it running smooth in 30 minutes. Its really a pretty simple thing. You might have to try some of the others but, something tells me my setup will work for yours too.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Yeah, you're right. Cuz I just seen VINDEX's sig and..... lloyds now makes a degree advance wheel for the 100ci motors?!
My bike has one... set at -2 degrees. The only way it will run on pump gas. Then again, it has the ECU flashed by Lloydz to put the rev limit at 6700 rpm and add timing... and it's 11.2:1 compression. Retarding the timing by 2 degrees picked up like 5 HP... and it runs on pump fuel.

The wheel for the older bikes mounts behind the stator in the primary. It's a pain in the ass to make adjustments to it. +6 is A LOT. Don't go thinking more is better, that's not necessarily true.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I installed a PC III to go along with my stage 1 exhaust and S&S air filter then had the local Harley dealership Dyno it for me. I had to sell my left nut to afford it but I'm glad that I did (everything seems to be much more expensive where I live in Canada). Someone has tried to setup a bank of fuel maps for sharing but they seem to be having some problems keeping everything available.
http://www.victoryforums.com/36-victory-tech-performance-section/6193-victory-fuel-maps-host.html
http://www.victoryforums.com/36-victory-tech-performance-section/6200-fuel-map-hosting-victory-other-models-2.html

1 - 20 of 21 Posts