Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed out fuel filter at around 31000 miles. Uploaded some pictures out of the phone, what you know some pictures of my fuel filter change and also some different views of the inner workings of some of our bikes.

Very dirty air filter and only around 5000 miles.

Ok there is the fuel pump on the bottom of side of the tank(for those who do not know). Yes sir you have to take that out to get to the dirty fuel filter.

There that dirty fuel filter is and with only 31000 miles, and some never change their fuel filter. I thought it was pretty dirty myself.More pictures to follow.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fuel filter more pictures.

There you go new filter on the fuel pump. Nice and clean.:laugh:laugh

That's the hole it came out of. Nice and orange.

That is the area inside the tank the fuel filter has to fit into. If you do not set it in there correctly it will run out of fuel to soon.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MORE fuel pictures

Well I had the tank off for the fuel filter, decided I better clean the air filter. This is a shot looking down into the area for the air filter.

The throttle body. Poked the phone/camera down in the frame and snapped it.

Throttle body, smoooth.

Figured I would put this heat barrier on the bottom of the tank while I had it off. Gets hot here in Hades, Arizona.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel filter more pictures.

Figured it might help keep the fuel a little cooler and maybe me also,ha, ha.

Playing around. Raised the fuel tank up a bit, would let heat out easier I believe. If you look close you will see a larger gap between the engine and the bottom of the tank. What do you think? I like the looks, have not done it yet. If I do it will have to make up brackets to hold the tank up. ....I know another crazy idea.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Nice pictures, thanks. There are tabs in the picture of where the fuel filter is located. Looks like round tube stubs?
Do they hold the filter or locate it?

I thought of raising the tank to see if it improved air flow to the air filter It's pretty tight in there. If you do raise it and your afr's change at WOT upper rpm let us know.

I wonder if that heat block could be applied to the frame/ air box on the outside without being and eye sore when the bike is over on the side stand. Don't know if it actually have any noticeable effect on the intake air temp at anything above idle? If it did you could find some horsepower in it. A few degrees of air intake temp change makes a noticeable difference in power.

They use something similar in some race motors on the bottoms of the manifold plenums. They say it works and they are water cooled motors which often have better heat regulation than air cooled motors.
No idea if it would really make a noticeable difference on a Vic and no dyno to find out.

Where is the fuel level sender?

Where did you buy it. That's a nice find.

·
Premium Member
13,050 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,050 Posts
I thought of raising the tank to see if it improved air flow to the air filter It's pretty tight in there.

I wonder if that heat block could be applied to the frame/ air box on the outside without being and eye sore when the bike is over on the side stand. Don't know if it actually have any noticeable effect on the intake air temp at anything above idle? If it did you could find some horsepower in it. A few degrees of air intake temp change makes a noticeable difference in power.

They use something similar in some race motors on the bottoms of the manifold plenums. They say it work and they are water cooled motors which often have better heat regulation than air cooled motors.
No idea if it would really make a noticeable difference on a Vic and no dyno to find out.

Where did you buy it. That's a nice find.
I have that heat blocker stuff under my saddlebags, under the lid of my saddlebags, under the seat, but didn't think about putting it under the tank. It would be no big deal to spray can it black. Could even use high temp paint for longevity.

I think I found the bigger sheets of the stuff at Amazon and it also comes in rolls which I found at Auto Zone if you have those where you are.

See my previous post for raising the front of the tank.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Very nice write up and pics! I've only got 10k miles on mine after 3 years of ownership but I may change my fuel filter when I change my air filter this spring.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Thanks for the cool pictures, read it twice .... Next time I make an order in the USA then I will include a fuel filter .... The fuel is maybe pretty bad here so there is a chance I will change the filter before ....

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts

·
12,983 Posts
Speedblue

You would get a Big gold star from Rylan at the vic shop. That's the number one thing he says for every one to do is change the fuel filter.

Attachments

·
12,983 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Changed mine when first due.
Gonna run it longer this time as
Victory seems to cover its arse by speccing overservicing eg belt, 100 cube oil changes, etc
Im fussy where I fill up and some on here have gone lots higher mileage.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heat shield

I got the heat shield off of Amazon I believe. Much cheaper off of there than AutoZone. MUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH cheaper.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tank question

Nice pictures, thanks. There are tabs in the picture of where the fuel filter is located. Looks like round tube stubs?
Do they hold the filter or locate it?---------quoted

The orange tabs, actually baffels and yes the fuel filter has to sit down in them correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts