Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 49,500 something miles on my scooter and I haven't changed the fuel filter yet. I have a new one with gasket and new bolts for the access cover. The scooter is running fine. But it might run a little better if I changed it. I'm sure it would be better on the fuel pump with a new filter. I would like to take it down to a friends house 350 miles southeast of me to do it. He has a good shop and has changed his before. I changed the fuel filter on my 04 TC put it was different than doing it on the XC. It didn't take long on the TC, maybe 2 hours at the longest from start to finish and then I went riding. I don't remember how many miles I had on the TC, but it needed it. I could here a whining coming from the fuel tank. When I first noticed it we where making a bar run over in New Mexico, the Westerner. The bar closed down a few years ago and I hated to see that happen. I had been stopping at that old bar since the 70's, drank a lot of whiskey in that place. It was out in the middle of know where but you could see it miles away. It was in the ranch country and had the only trees around in ten miles. Well I guess I'll change that fuel filter before spring.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'm curious about that. Is there an aftermarket filter option?
I imagine at some point I'll be needing to replace mine too.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm curious about that. Is there an aftermarket filter option?
I imagine at some point I'll be needing to replace mine too.
There is a after market option, but I has to be rigged. Unless you use the aftermarket fuel pump. The aftermarket filter and fuel pump is much cheaper. Do a search and you should be able to find a thread on it.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the victory General Forum the is a pinned thread Victory Aftermarket Parts. You will find the fuel pump and filters there.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Im running aftermarket fuel filter on the Vegas works fine at a fraction of the cost, got a pack of three so Ill do the XC down the track

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Filter change should take about an hour tops on XC. only difficult part is getting hose on pump assembly out of the way enough to get pump out and back into tank without destroying something.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
There is a after market option, but I has to be rigged. Unless you use the aftermarket fuel pump. The aftermarket filter and fuel pump is much cheaper. Do a search and you should be able to find a thread on it.
I f you want a filter, let me know. I had to buy 3 and only used 1. So chances of me changing 2 more filters in my lifetime is ahhhhh

·
Registered
317 Posts
Great info guys! What's the recommended mileage to do a filter change?

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
The Polaris recommendation on fuel filter replacement is every 30K miles. Experts like Rylan Vos from The Vic Shop always say 30K or less depending on your riding conditions. I've done mine twice now on my CCT. Like Noemtz said, it's not a big deal. Replace the gasket/o-ring but you can certainly reuse the mounting screws. One other point is to correctly position the fuel filter upon installation of the unit back into the tank. The filter has to positioned so it stays in the lowest position in the tank. If if pops up or isn't correctly seated, the bike will run out of gas when you still have a third or more gas in the tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts