Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have done it. Run your tank down as far as you can and break out the manual. I changed the screws, as per the manual, but others did not. If you can change your oil and remove your tires for a tire change, you should be go to go.

Ride safe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,047 Posts
Gee a 2011 and you need new filter. I'' bet there are guys with fifty thound miles on theres and have not touched it. If you use good gas I bet you can go to fifty and then some.
Why don't you call Rylan as The Vic shop and see what he says.

http://thevicshop.com/Contact.html

·
13,047 Posts
Just found same post I am shocked. Guess spring will be doing it

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
30K is probably a good time to change it .. That's when plan on doing it on my XC .. But will have the 30K in less than 2 years time getting close to 24K now with 16 months since owned .. Changed it on my Ultra at 50K when was 27 months old and didn't really look all that bad ..

·
Registered
265 Posts
I did not take pics of mine but it was very dark but not as bad as the one posted. I was glad I changed it. The bike started running smother at idle and I am sure the filter had a little to do with that.

My .02. By this time (33k) on my previous ride, I was on my third complete engine rebuild. I invested a great deal to keep it on the road. When I look at the minimal requirements for factory recommended services, it is worth it in both from a financial standpoint and experiencing Victory dependability, to do the basic maintainers. Just pony up and your pony is much less likely to leave you on the side of the road.

For part numbers, check out the online parts schematic on most Victory dealers websites.

Ride safe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,047 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
This is a pic I got from The Vic Shop facebook page showing a fuel filter with 28 k on it. A dirty filter means fuel pump is working harder= less life to fuel pump. A filter is a lot less than a pump.
Great info thumb up

·
Registered
102 Posts
that actually looks easier to do than the old steel frame setups. That one has a round plug and grommets that makes it a little more challenging to pull out and put back in.

Guess I'll add this change to my bike at seasons end since i'll probably be somewhere near the 40,000 range(if the weather ever becomes pleasant enough).

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The hardest part was trying to get my fingers under the panel to push the fuel line in to get the assembly out of the tank. Not much room there. Actually used a flat screwdriver to push it, just have to be easy . I figured since the tank is off I may as well clean my Lloydz air filter. That turns out to be a bigger project as 2 of the 3 allen screws that hold the bracket down broke off. I will have to tackle that one tonight or tomorrow. If any one has the brackets installed without using never-seize, well, good luck is all I can say.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Great info thumb up
Heck Ya! thumb up

This thread is a perfect example of how great it is to learn and share information on our bikes with all of you. Thank you!

cheers

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Afew more pics. If you cut the zip tie that hold the fuel line it will let you lift the tank up higher. Just replace it when done. The blue tabs on the fuel line is what you sqeeze to disconnect it from the tank. 1 blue tab on each side of the connection.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Afew more pics. If you cut the zip tie that hold the fuel line it will let you lift the tank up higher. Just replace it when done. The blue tabs on the fuel line is what you sqeeze to disconnect it from the tank. 1 blue tab on each side of the connection.
Excellent post. You can't beat pictures.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts