Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel Gauge is completely stuck on full. Ran a full tank through and no change. Any suggestions before I start digging in?

Thanks!
Adam

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Pick up the bike and shake it. :)

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Use your trip meter.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
UTOPIA. Enjoy the HIGH MPG you're getting. LOL I use the Tripmeter also.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
wouldnt ask questions like this to this group on a Monday.:ltr:

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
wouldnt ask questions like this to this group on a Monday.:ltr:
Do you know why they call it Monday?
Cuz when they were inventing the calendar, they didn't know how to spell yuck!

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
My wife's Ford Fiesta's gas guage also stuck, I added Marvel Mystery Oil to the gas the gauge started working again must have freed the float.

The transmission exploded shortly after but I doubt the MMO had anything to do with that. :grin

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
If I had the choice, I prefer to have a transmission ion working order than a fuel gauge.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
If I had the choice, I prefer to have a transmission ion working order than a fuel gauge.
Unfortunately with the Ford Fiesta you don't have a choice this is the car I wrote about a while ago that the transmission would grenade every 25000 miles.

But the fuel gauge works good.

·
13,180 Posts
unplug the gauge from the fuel tank and see what you get. If nothing changes then your gauge is off. Where you find a new gauge is beyond me

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I'd suspect a stuck float more than a faulty gauge. If you have a long/thin battery powered trouble light with a thin mirror, point it into the tank and see if the float is stuck in the up position. Then, if needed, lift the tank a bit to ensure the fuel pump connection is good. Maybe disconnect and re-connect it to be sure. Then, if needed, maybe bang the tank back down onto the frame a bit and ensure the float moves.

Please let us know what the actual cause ends up being.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts