Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took apart my gas tank and cleaned out all the rust and relined it. Now I'm wondering if I can use a fuel injector cleaner with the first tank of gas to clean out the fuel system. I've never used any on a bike before and I just wanted to get some input before I try it, it was real pain to redo the tank and I don't want to mess it up. Thanks

·
12,984 Posts
Fuel injector cleaner

Read your sealer bottle. It will tell you if you can use a EFI cleaner.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kevinx Most name brand fuels already have all the cleaners in them that you can use. Just stay away from the cheap stuff
Yea I know, I just wanted some extra protection. The lining in the tank was coming off pretty badly and I'm not sure how bad it might have messed things up. I want to get all that gunk cleaned out so I can have a smoother ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
fuel inj cleaner

I had the tank on my 2000 v92sc cleaned and sealed by tri-city victory in utah this last summer, and on the second tank of gas... i added a full bottle of stp fuel inj cleaner. i'm on my 5 tank of gas now and no issues (yet):)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put about 1/2 a bottle of seafoam cleaner in and I've already noticed a difference. Hopefully after a few hundred miles all the little pieces of lining that came out will be cleaned out so the engine doesn't ride so rough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts