Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
not sure about this but i think they may be GM injectors. is there a part number on them? if so you can go to the parts store and match em up. let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Carb it.

If you can not get injectors maybe you can do a two barrel down draft or side draft Weber carb. Or just a couple of motorcycle carbs. Carbs worked for decades on engines.wac

·
Registered
208 Posts
How would you handle spark since the computer controls fuel,spark,timing. that would be a great conversion. I would rather have a carb anyway over injection on a bike. no expensive fuel controllers, just re jet and adjust your carb and your good to go.
Simple!

Ah the good old days.

·
13,177 Posts
call Rylan at the vic shop he might have a rebuild kit

·
Registered
427 Posts
I read on another forum that the O-rings from a 98 mustang 5.0 fit but it didn't say if the injector was the same. I know a guy that helped design the first vics I can ask him tomorrow but I'm pretty sure he have anything to do with the motor.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Steve,
Ask around locally for a good fuel injector rebuilder in your area.
There are shops that do nothing but test and rebuild them throughout the country.
If there is no one locally look on the Web.

They will tell you if it's really broken and if it is they can usually fix it for less than the cost of a new one. If they can't fix it they will know what else it is used on and will ID it so you can get another.

Take both injectors in if you think you are having an injector problem. Have them check the other one too. Just in case it's not quite right. They usually don't charge very much to check them especially if they turn out to be fine. The good shops will spell out all their charges up front.

Sometimes what you thought was an injector problem is something else in the system. Having them tested will save you the cost of replacing one that really wasn't the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts