Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the threads and can not find anything about this. I need some guidance.

I bought my daughter a 2003 V92C yesterday. She found it and fell in love so I had to do it. When I was checking it out, it had very little fuel in it so the light was flashing. The digital readout indicated .8 gallons. After I purchased it, I loaded it up on a trailer and drove the long drive home.

I filled it up with fuel when I got home and the light is still flashing. The fuel digital readout says FULL.

Anybody have any ideas before my OCD causes me to send the fuel pump out to Rylan Vos at The Vic Shop.

Oh, her are some pictures of her new acquisition.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'd pull the pump and take a look at all your connections and such. If all that checks out you may just have to call Rylan an see about sending it to him. Let us know what you find

Oh, and that's a nice bike she got, I like that color

·
13,043 Posts
If you pull the tank clean the throttle body's while your there. Check all hoses for cracks a long with rubber nipple caps. Caps you can get at auto store
Put a 1/4 inch lock washer on each battery bolt. They do come loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOeH1UgzhQc

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2003 Victory

Thanks guys. I will get on all of this. I went out today and the digital readout said .9 gal and the tank is full so something is catty wompus. I will let you all know.

Also, the rear shock is bad. Do we usually rebuild them or buy new?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I've been meaning to call Rylan and ask if they can rebuild them, the only factory shocks I can find are used on eBay. A lot of people go with either Penske or Progressive shocks, but they're pretty expensive. I think lloydz sells one, but I'm not sure if it'll fit the v92

·
13,043 Posts
Pulling battery cable will not reset nothing. Its a waist of time

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm interested to hear your outcome. My digital fuel gauge is accurate from full down to .9 gallons. It doesn't go any lower than .9 and has left me stranded a few times.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm thinking it's the fuel sender in the tank...it's sending conflicting signals to the gauge cluster...I had one that went bad and it read full all the time...you can pick them up used on ebay for cheap...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I took my tank off and my daughters and swapped them. The problem followed her tank over to my bike so I opened her tank up and found the float had come off of the float arm. The pump looks to be in good shape so I will see what is available to fix the float.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Of course there are no sending units on E-bay right now when I need one. Anyone have one? It should be part number 4010373. I can get one new for $150.00

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry for your luck on finding a used one...but I'm glad we could help trace the problem...how did the inside of the tank look? If you've got it off, it wouldn't hurt to drain and flush the tank and remove and clean the two screen type filters inside the metal fuel posts where the fuel lines connect. I'd set up an eBay used part search and check every day...they do become available pretty regularly. I have a stage 1 kit with a WV chip and I get about 110 miles before the fuel light comes onleaving you with about 35 miles till empty...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found a sending unit on E-Bay for $65. I also found new O-rings. I cleaned the tank, the filters and the throttle bodies while the tank is off. Should all go back together fairly easy. No a hard job at all once the problem was found.

Hypeshipe, My 2002 does the exact same thing. I don't know if that is normal for our bikes or not. I will let you know if my daughters does it once it is put back together.

Attachments

·
13,043 Posts
have read where guys have used a float out of car fuel pumps.
A service place or auto store could tell you where to find a throw a way pump.
Make sure it doesn't have a hole in the float before install

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chuck - I have a 2005 Vic Touring Cruiser with less than 10K miles on it. Suddenly last Fall the fuel gauge light started blinking and my gauge showed similar to what yours does. After talking with my Vic technician and reading my service manual, I discovered the issue to be my Fuel Level Sending Unit (which is located inside the gas tank). I bought a new one at a cost of $211 and three weeks ago, went through the process of installing the new one. Long story, short...I discovered the problem was a very small "keeper" device had been dissolved by Ethenol - thus allowing my float to come off the fuel sender lever...thus no accurate fuel messages. If you are not having any fuel issues of the bike's engine, then it is most likely NOT your fuel pump, but rather the fuel level sending unit. Mine works great now. by the way - I have my used one, which has been fixed and works fine. It has been checked out electronically to insure its working. I can sell it to you for $75 + freight if you are interested. I'm in Tennessee.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts