Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since Lloyd built my engine last year my fuel mileage hasn't been very good. I was averaging around 38 mpg. So far this year I am at 33.3 mpg. I didn't check the first tank since the fuel had Sta-bil in it over the winter but on my first fill-up I only went 132.7 miles and it took 3.98 gal to fill it up. It seems to be running rich but still has good power. I did notice that it was popping and missing some at about 3000 rpms in first gear. I have never noticed that before. It starts as good as it always has and idles normal. I cleaned the throttle bodies just a couple of thousand miles ago (late last year). I haven't contacted Lloyd yet but will if things don't improve. I'm hoping its just bad gas but something else is probably the culprit. Anyone have any ideas on what to try? Maybe run some Seafoam through it? Also, I installed a fairing over the winter which might change the mileage some but I was using a standard Victory windshield before that. I wouldn't think the difference between the two would be very great as it relates to fuel mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
The last tune that Lloyz put on the bike... well... fuel mileage was 38, the bike was abrupt as hell.

I looked at the Lloydz calendar and saw that Kyle was going to be in Mechanicsburg PA so I went. Kyle tuned the bike. Drivability was exponentially better, it picked up 4 HP, and on the ride home I got 46 MPG.

That's all I'm gonna say.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never been happy with 38 but this seems like something more than the tune. Kyle and Rylan Vos are each about 600 miles from me. The bike would have to be unrideable before I could take that road trip.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Seafoam wouldn't hurt. If that last tank was the only one fresh since getting the bike out of storage than it may have been some nasty gas.

I really hope it is just the gas and not an issue that requires retuning the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts