Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 600 miles on my Gunner. Since the first day I rode it, I noticed somewhat of a constant "ringing" noise coming from the tank. It has gotten a bit louder since then. The dealer confirmed it was the fuel pump and that it was "normal". It doesn't bother me much, although I'd rather not hear it. Can anyone relate? Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can only hear mine when I turn on the ignition and the pump charges. Don't let the dealer BS you and have the pump fail after the warranty is up make them change it now.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have about 600 miles on my Gunner. Since the first day I rode it, I noticed somewhat of a constant "ringing" noise coming from the tank. It has gotten a bit louder since then. The dealer confirmed it was the fuel pump and that it was "normal". It doesn't bother me much, although I'd rather not hear it. Can anyone relate? Thanks.
Same here [at idle after priming] with my Gunner I have a little over 7 hundred miles on it.
I'm thinking because the seat is so low you're real close to the pump?
Or the engine is so quite you hear it.. Any way when I get a chance i'll let my dealer take a listen, And more than likely he'll tell me...
1] They all do that....
2] That's normal....

·
12,970 Posts
Think of it your fuel pump is submerged in gas there is no way you should hear it. Yes dealer might be BSing you. Have them do a fuel pressure test it should be 50 psi

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm a little late on this, But a while ago I went to my dealer and started a Gunner that he had on the showroom floor, Sounds the same as mine.. So I'll take it as normal..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts