Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faaarrrr cheaper than factory Victory pumps. Wonder if they're as good...

·
13,304 Posts
100% agree with 53

Reactions: Motorbikerx

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,127 Posts
What about the filter? :unsure:

I know it's supposed to be replaced at some point in the tank. Not a simple metal screen like my carb bikes.

·
Premium Member
9,019 Posts
Yeah Quantum fuel filters in my Vegas, got pack of 3 or 4 for a mere fraction of Foolaris price for one!

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,127 Posts
My pump working fine on my cross country just not sure when or if I'll need to replace the filter. Bike is 8 years old with only about 30k that I'm trying to add to when I can.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Has anybody here tried reaching in and changing the filters without removing the fuel pump?

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Still running the original fuel filter at 148,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Still running the original fuel filter at 148,000 miles.
Your a lucky man and have never got any bad gas. I have a little over 50,000 miles with same filter. I do have a new one on hand, but every time I read your post. I think I'll go a while longer before changing the filter.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Your a lucky man and have never got any bad gas. I have a little over 50,000 miles with same filter. I do have a new one on hand, but every time I read your post. I think I'll go a while longer before changing the filter.
I run the cheapest gas I can find.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
I run the cheapest gas I can find.
I had to change the fuel filter on my 04 TC. I don't remember how many miles I had on it, 40 to 45,000 miles. We made a Saturday bar run to New Mexico and I started hearing a whining sound coming from the gas tank. It was the filter stopping up. Changed it out, cleaned the tank and everything was great. One thing I like about the Cross Country is they have a locking fuel cap. The TC's didn't, a Sportster or Dyna gas cap fit it perfectly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Has anybody here tried reaching in and changing the filters without removing the fuel pump?
It would be impossible to do that. It is not a complicated job, but does require some time and the proper steps to do it. Just follow the instructions in the shop manual. You have to empty the tank and take the tank off and turn it over on its back to get to the fuel pump at least on all the Victory MC I have seen. Make sure to put it on some soft surface like an old blanket etc so it will not get marred. Take out about 13 or 15 screws I can't recall exactly but you will see then and then pull the fuel pump out then you can get to the filters.Filters have to be placed in the specified place in the tank, then the pump re installed and the screws replaced and then tightened down in proper chis-cross sequence. You should use a new gasket if yours is old etc. Screws have to be torqued and that is just about it. Just make sure it does not leak before putting it back on.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Thanks. I don't have to do any changes at the moment and will be able to get the pump out with a bit of the proper tongue placement. I was just curious if you could get your hand in there and change the filters without removing the pump.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just ordered one to have on hand in case I need it. It is good news that there is a second company out there that is selling fuel pumps that will fit the Victory. I have a 2013 Judge with 43K on it, so I just want to be have a fuel pump on hand in case I need it. Who knows what the future will bring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts