Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Fuel Pump Factory Fuel Pumps

8K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  NAB 
#1 ·
#4 ·
What about the filter? :unsure:

I know it's supposed to be replaced at some point in the tank. Not a simple metal screen like my carb bikes.

#8 ·
My pump working fine on my cross country just not sure when or if I'll need to replace the filter. Bike is 8 years old with only about 30k that I'm trying to add to when I can.

#15 ·
It would be impossible to do that. It is not a complicated job, but does require some time and the proper steps to do it. Just follow the instructions in the shop manual. You have to empty the tank and take the tank off and turn it over on its back to get to the fuel pump at least on all the Victory MC I have seen. Make sure to put it on some soft surface like an old blanket etc so it will not get marred. Take out about 13 or 15 screws I can't recall exactly but you will see then and then pull the fuel pump out then you can get to the filters.Filters have to be placed in the specified place in the tank, then the pump re installed and the screws replaced and then tightened down in proper chis-cross sequence. You should use a new gasket if yours is old etc. Screws have to be torqued and that is just about it. Just make sure it does not leak before putting it back on.

#12 ·
Your a lucky man and have never got any bad gas. I have a little over 50,000 miles with same filter. I do have a new one on hand, but every time I read your post. I think I'll go a while longer before changing the filter.

#16 ·
Thanks. I don't have to do any changes at the moment and will be able to get the pump out with a bit of the proper tongue placement. I was just curious if you could get your hand in there and change the filters without removing the pump.

#17 ·
I just ordered one to have on hand in case I need it. It is good news that there is a second company out there that is selling fuel pumps that will fit the Victory. I have a 2013 Judge with 43K on it, so I just want to be have a fuel pump on hand in case I need it. Who knows what the future will bring.

#19 ·
I made this short video

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

#20 ·
I replaced my filter at 58,568 mi. and out side of being a little stained, the old filter was like new. It did not need replacing but being I had it open, I did replace it with a Quantum fuel filter.
The Quantum filter did require some modification. I folded it in half and heat sealed the ends together using a soldering gun. Working just fine.

#21 ·
Does it fit to the pump with the same fitting as stock?
Still bit confused on how it attaches.

#23 ·
I found this that may help you.

As I stated before, I heat sealed the two ends together after folding the filter. I used a small SS hose clamp.

So today I attacked the fuel filter job. I needed to pull the tank to fix a wiring over site I made with LED strip lights so I could remove the lower fairings.
So I bought the Quantum fuel filters. You do need to fold it over and secure it as they are made for the King Pin or something and for the cross bikes they just folded them over and heat sealed them. My old filter really didnt look bad.
I matched the filters up, folded it over and just ran a zip tie around it to hold it. Dont cinch i down to tight as I think you would cut down on your intake surface area. Then you have to get the old filter off. By watching the video that was linked a few days back I just slit the tube only to the second groove. Then it came off pretty decent and would leave me a bit uncut to grab top of new filter. To secure I figured a zip tie would work just fine here also. You could use a regular fuel line clamp I suppose.

Attachments

#26 ·
Many people are using the same ones with no problems. There is a discussion about it on these forums And I have a friend that used the same ones even though he had new ones. That was a couple of years ago. He said there was nothing wrong with the old gasket or bolts. The torque for the bolts is real light.

#30 ·
Good thread. Thanks @Richie271 for the video. Got it bookmarked.

Not even to 30k yet and I stay away from shady run down gas stations so I think I'll be fine for a while.

#36 ·
We now have companies making aftermarket fuel pumps and starters. There was also a guy that was rebuilding fuel pumps and I'm sure you could have a starter rebuilt.

Reactions: Blowndodge
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.