Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this might be beyond the scope of detail that most of you guys have looked at the fuel pump on your Vic, but i am trying to figure out if i will need more flow to get to my HP goal of 200.

Has anyone who has a lot of mods and making 150+ HP ran into a problem with maintaining the 49 psi through the entire RPM band?

I know Lloyd's kit is making somewhere around 160 HP on a stock motor, but according to the service manual, our fuel pump (i have an 06' 100CI) only flows 45 liters/hr (I believe this is @ the 49 psi). According to some calculations i have done, i need about double that capacity... But i don't believe the calculations if that pump is supporting 160 HP just fine..

I just don't want to risk running the bike lean and would like to know if anyone has ever upgraded the pump - and if so what style did you use?

·
13,247 Posts
Besides bigger fuel pump wouldn't you need bigger injectors
That KMC knows where you can get bigger injectors maybe pump too

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Besides bigger fuel pump wouldn't you need bigger injectors
That KMC knows where you can get bigger injectors maybe pump too
yes i will need bigger injectors absolutely. Just concerned that my fuel pressure will drop and the mixture will go lean. I believe i am going with standard EV14's rated at 650 cc/min at 3 bar. Our stock injectors flow 292 at 3 bar.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
get ahold of lloyd, i believe his bike(supercharged vision?) is putting out over 200.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ya he can be hard to get to at times. you could maybe try rylan or kyle or kevinx also.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was going to use a 255 lph fuel pump from walbro. They are fairly small and will support 500 rwhp on a car so it's plenty for you. They are like 120 bucks from speedway. I'm sure u will have to do a little modifying to the factory fuel hat but that shouldn't be to bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts